Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Protest the Cancellation of 'Freedom Watch'

This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Thu, Feb 9 2012 9:35 PM

I was literally wondering just today how a show like the Judge's was allowed to remain on the aire...

Protest the Cancellation of 'Freedom Watch'

If you are as outraged as I am at the cancellation of Judge Andrew Napolitano's "Freedom Watch," here is something you can do:

Please contact Fox Business to ask them to reverse their decision. Irena Briganti, Senior Vice President Media Relations Phone: 212-301-3608 Fax: 212-819-0816 E-Mail: irena.briganti@foxnews.com

Be respectful but be sure to convey your outrage at this matter, and state that you and many others will boycott the network if the show is taken off the air.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 358
Points 8,245

That's unfortunate, Freedom Watch was the only reason I watched FBN. Stossel is OK too, I guess.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

I wonder if there was a specific catalyst for this decision. The last video I saw was the one where the guest predicted ron paul on the gop tickiet. But it might have been coming for a long time. I was surprised that such a show even existed on Fox and for that long as well.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 1:27 PM

I think it was the episode where he talked about the False Left-Right Paradigm. How there's no difference between either party. Can't have the Mrrkans losing faith in enlightenedDemocracyenlightened

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

We Can Still Save ‘Freedom Watch’!

Eric Garris writes:

Fox News is reportedly stunned by the response to the announced cancellation ofFreedom Watch with Judge Andrew Napolitano.
We need to keep up the campaign.
We also need to write the following people:
Kevin Magee (Fox Executive VP) is the person who made the decision to cancel the show. Write him at Kevin.Magee@foxnews.com.
Roger Ailes assistant, Gena Dellaquila at Gdellaquila@newscorp.com.
In addition, continue to contact the public/media relations dept at:
Irena Briganti, Senior Vice President
Media Relations
Phone: 212 301-3608
Fax: 212-819-0816
E-Mail: irena.briganti@foxnews.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 5:21 PM
Well I just called. Which is probably a lot more effective than, say, casting a ballot in an election. Make sure to mention how much money you spend on discretionary purchases EVERY DAY and rhetorically ask if their advertisers will mind not being able to reach you through commercials.
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

I think it's a noble idea, but wouldn't someone just control what can be said?  Would it be the same in the long term?

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 255
Scottws replied on Sat, Feb 11 2012 7:13 PM

The Judge asked today that his supporters tone down the email campaign.

"It will be far more productive for my work at Fox and the work of my friends and colleagues here--many of whom share our values--if the email traffic to Fox toned down considerably. I will continue to voice the message of freedom in many more Fox venues, and you will hear that message, and we will do our best to alert you in advance of those venues and the times that I will be on them; and we will post those alerts right here on this site. PLEASE BE SURE TO WATCH THE FINAL FreedomWatch SHOW ON MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, ON FOX BUSINESS AT 8:00 PM, EASTERN TIME. You have been very strong in your views and generous in your comments about the show, but now is the time to relax and lay low and prepare for the future. God bless each of you."

https://www.facebook.com/JudgeNapolitano

fwiw

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

A new plea on the Judge's facebook page (mirrored by Tom Woods).  Many commenters in both places are suggesting these aren't the Judge's words. 

What do you think?

Dear Friends--

Many of you are not happy with the cancellation of FreedomWatch, and you have sent emails to my Fox colleagues expressing that unhappiness. In television, shows are cancelled all the time. Two of my former shows have been cancelled, and after each cancellation, Fox has rewarded me with more and better work. This cancellation--along with others that accompanied it--was the result of a business judgment here, and is completely unrelated to the FreedomWatch message. It would make a world of a difference for all of us, if you would KINDLY STOP SENDING EMAILS TO FOX.

I am well. Your values are strong. I will continue to articulate those values here at Fox. But the emails many of you are sending are unfairly interfering with my work and that of my colleagues here. The emails even violate our values because they interfere with the use of private property. I have accepted the cancellation decision with good cheer and a sense of gearing up for the future. You should as well.

As a favor to me, and as I have asked this past weekend, PLEASE STOP SENDING EMAILS TO MY COLLEAGUES AT FOX ABOUT THE CANCELLATION OF FreedomWatch; and please stop NOW.

All the best, apn.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 2:46 AM

I can hear the emails now:

"DIE NWO SCUM YOU'LL NEVER TAKE US ALIVE. JUDGE NAP IS A BRILLIANT MAN."

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 12:47 AM

I guess we know what Russia Today thinks is the reason (or at least what they want the viewers to think is the reason)...

(Fun game): see how long you can stand the "libretarian" she interviews and his incessant "I think I'm more important than I really am" yammering.  It gets worse as time moves on, all the way up to the point where he claims "Ron Paul brings enthusiasm, but what he lacks is a bit of excitement and youthful enthusiasm"...right before he suggests that's where he and Rand Paul come in (as if this idiot is on par with a sitting US Senator elected by the Tea Party, and the leader of the biggest movement in party politics in a generation).

But the best part is how he clarifies that statement..."You need young guys with enthusiasm [like Rand Paul and me]".  Because when I see a 50 year old blowhard with a thinning silver mane, a goofy Guy Smiley grin, and sports memorabilia all over a shitty office, the first thing that comes to my mind is "well there's a young guy with enthusiasm".

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 9,445
CrazyCoot replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:13 AM

I thought you were talking about the Judge for a second.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Thanks for the blast from the past...but I don't get the relevance.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 9,445
CrazyCoot replied on Thu, Feb 16 2012 1:56 AM

Wayne... think about it for a sec.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

So you posted the music video for a one-hit-wonder from a decade ago, because the name of the band happened to include the first name of the idiot she interviewed?  That's what people are supposed to "get"?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 9,445
CrazyCoot replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 7:59 AM

Never said it was profound.

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 640
MDay1985 replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 2:51 PM

They should can Shepard Smith. Not because he is a lib, but because he is creepy and super annoying. And he has two time slots.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

I realize this has kind of blown over, but I hadn't seen this clip before.  I think it's worth the bump.  Again, if you go back to the Judge's Facebook page and read the comments under his messages asking people to stop contacting Fox, you'll see how the vast majority of people didn't buy it...they were actually mocking it as if a Fox employee had put on a hand puppet and pretended he was having a conversation with the Judge.

And just in case they've gone back and deleted them, you can see an undisturbed sample of comments on Tom Wood's blog.

Exclusive: Why Judge Andrew Napolitano Was Fired!

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 10:32 AM

@JJ: Awesome info, thanks for sharing that.

I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately but now this whole "Murdoch scandal" is making sense. RM is a businessman, pure and simple. He saw some business opportunities but it turned out these weren't in line with the globalist agenda. They probably asked him nicely, once, to stop. He refused because he was making money and didn't see what they were whining about. That's when they rolled out the scandal and twisted his arm. At that point, he had no choice but to comply.

What a circus.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS