Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

*** March 2012 low content thread ***

rated by 0 users
This post has 238 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 10:11 AM

What the government labels don't tell you:

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:56 PM

That picture is great.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:11 PM

Question: can it be said, that patriotism is only "less offensive" nationalism?

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

That sounds about right

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:34 PM

Soylent Pink. There really are no limits to how far these m**f** will abuse the populace. Anyone who thinks this is "the free market" is out of their flippin' gourd. It was not until USDA protection was secured that the company responsible for this pink shit - "Beef" Products Inc. - dared to start selling it for human consumption.

If - as they claim - it's "just beef", why is limit it to 15%? What's wrong with 100%? The foul odor of ammonia wafting off your hamburgers might be a bit of a giveaway.

And these assholes intentionally confuse the statistical idea of inevitable contaminants in the ppm or ppb with 15% dilution of food with toxins. There is a clear distinction. Ammonia is toxic.

I read one article that said a prison kitchen alerted the USDA because they thought the beef from BPI was foul or poisonous because of the powerful ammonia odor coming off it. What irks me about the American attitude about prisoners is this smug indifference to the plight of innocents who are falsely imprisoned. We know there are innocents in prison because humans are not infallible. Yet we feed them poison not fit for animal consumption because, well, after all, they're criminals!

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:58 PM

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave.

- Andrew Carnegie
Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:48 PM

This picture has been making it's shares across FB, just something that looks pretty awesome.

It's one of these.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

There's one thing I don't understand about the post-Fukushima backlash. There's an earthquake, and suddenly everyone is like "Oh noes, nuclear energy is dangerous!". Haven't they understood that there was a fricking earthquake? Why does that make nuclear plants unsafe that aren't on top of fault zones? Is this just a convenient excuse, or what?

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570
  • There's one thing I don't understand about the post-Fukushima backlash. There's an earthquake, and suddenly everyone is like "Oh noes, nuclear energy is dangerous!". Haven't they understood that there was a fricking earthquake? Why does that make nuclear plants unsafe that aren't on top of fault zones? Is this just a convenient excuse, or what?

Or that the Fukushima plants failed for a very specific reason:  The loss of electricity from shutting down the reactors and the destruction of the backup generators lead to a loss of coolant circulation.  Those plants were something like 40 years old, and were planned for decommissioning.  Newer designs don't require electricity to feed water into the cores, and can be cooled via gravity feed, basically rendering the Fukushima scenerio impossible.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Millions of Americans are preparing for doomsday

Even Lew Rockwell knows shit's going to hit the fan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

"Even Lew Rockwell?"  Because he's usually soooo ignorant?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Because Lew doesn't seem like someone sympathetic towards survivalism.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 9:13 AM

F4M, do you even read LRC? Pardon me, but the consistency of the ignorance you display on the subjects you discuss honestly astounds me. It's as if you were raised in Soviet Russia, except Soviet Russia is constantly touting anarcho-primitivist propaganda.

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570

I blame F4M's troubles to a strong tendancy towards cofirmation bias, and the abundance of primitivist stuff on the web.  Anyone can immerse themselves in a self-confirming information bubble with the amount of content on the internet.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:20 AM

When are we going to reach the consensus to just completely ignore the guy?  Even when you call him out on stuff he never answers your questions (which he's done to JJ and I).  He's hell bent that the way of life that's provided him with everything he has is evil and collectivist, and would rather resort back to the stone age.  I'm surprised he's stayed around on this forum for so long.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:14 AM

I'm surprised he's stayed around on this forum for so long.

Maybe it's his job. :-X

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 286
Points 4,665
skylien replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 5:06 PM

Депутаты = Congressman

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes, qui custodes custodient? Was that right for 'Who watches the watcher who watches the watchmen?' ? Probably not. Still...your move, my lord." Mr Vimes in THUD!
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Peter Schiff questions Paul Volcker

Peter's vid:

CSPAN broadcast:

Peter actually had some stage time at the same event:

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Even when you call him out on stuff he never answers your questions (which he's done to JJ and I).

And you never answer my question about why it's wrong to live off the grid.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:44 PM

No division of labor, no comparative advantage.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

George 4 title?  Seriously?  Now I'm really starting to wonder if you're just a really really dedicated troll.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570

Speaking of George4Title videos, I love this recent video where he has is poor, poor friend test a pepper spray "neutralizer":

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1LyWKva18[/video]

Guess what doesn't get neutralized.

Highlights can be found at 5:25 where the inventor informs us that Agent Orange is used in CS gas training, and at 8:30 when the subject expresses his opinion on how well the product is working.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

No division of labor, no comparative advantage.

Who cares about the DoL as long as your surviving?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

George 4 title?  Seriously?  Now I'm really starting to wonder if you're just a really really dedicated troll.

No idea who George 4 title is.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Freedom4Me73986:

I just had to archive this.

Gee.  Freedom4Me73986 posting a video made by, uploaded by, and featuring an idiot that he has know idea who it is.  You should see my big surprised face.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Freedom4Me73986:

I just had to archive this.

Gee.  Freedom4Me73986 posting a video made by, uploaded by, and featuring an idiot that he has know idea who it is.  You should see my big surprised face.

So who is this George guy and why should I care?

I also meant to say "free." Who cares about the DoL if your living freely away from collectivism and poison?
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:45 PM

I dunno, who does.... officer? wink

Land & Liberty

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 2,945

This is just awesome - why a false proposition implies any proposition (if 1 = 0, then I am the Pope).

Suppose 1 = 0.  Then adding 1 to both sides, we obtain 2 = 1.  Now consider the set containing me and the Pope.  This set has exactly 2 members, but 2 = 1, so it has only 1 member.  Therefore, I am the Pope.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:59 PM

Freedom4Me73986:

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Freedom4Me73986:

??????????

Explain to me who George is.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:29 AM

F4M, these low-content threads are not about you, they are for links that are of interest to more than one person on this forum. Please stop cluttering the thread with your screwball links that no one else on this forum cares about.

Clayton -

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:38 AM

George is the moron who made, uploaded, and is featured in the latest POS video that YOU uploaded, Einstein.

And yes, please, listen to Clayton (and everyone else).  Just stop posting in here.  It would appear that virtually everyone here would appreciate it if you did that.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

George is the moron who made, uploaded, and is featured in the latest POS video that YOU uploaded, Einstein.

So who is George and why is he a POS?

And yes, please, listen to Clayton (and everyone else).  Just stop posting in here.  It would appear that virtually everyone here would appreciate it if you did that.

Here as in this thread or here as in this website?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:15 AM

This is a crappy-res photo (sorry) of a drawing. I was thinking about slave/master and drew it. 

http://imgur.com/GF2cj

Land & Liberty

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 3:05 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Callaway

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9504E7DA1538EE32A25757C1A9649C946696D6CF

Land & Liberty

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Freedom4Me73986:

George is the moron who made, uploaded, and is featured in the latest POS video that YOU uploaded, Einstein.

So who is George and why is he a POS?

1)  You're the one who posted his video, and you're asking me who he is?

2)  Because you obviously have a problem with reading and comprehension, I never said George was a POS.  I said his video (which you of course posted) is a POS.  But since you bring it up, George is a POS too.

3) Before you display your ignorance even further, George is a POS because he is an idiot lying douchebag attention whore who helped defraud people out of their money, as shown here.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:17 AM

Question: can it be said, that patriotism is only "less offensive" nationalism?

No. Patriotism is very offensive whereas nationalism is not offensive at all.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:21 AM

Marko :D

Anyway, does someone know of any other (not dead) forums debating about freedom and anarchy?

I know only few, including mises, freedomain radio (boring), and anti-state.org (practically dead forum)?

There is ronpaul forum and some leftist forums, but is there any market anarchist forum out there with more than 5 people trolling each other?

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:38 AM

MaikU, Reddit's /r/anarcho_capitalism is doing pretty well with a constant influx of new people.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:46 PM

Is Molyneux pretty well disliked on here?

Land & Liberty

Page 3 of 6 (239 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS