Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Conservative Pundit Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Thu, Mar 1 2012 2:02 PM

Conservative Pundit Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

"Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles," Larry Solov, president of breitbart.com says in a statement. "We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior. Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love."

Breitbart, a Tea Party favorite, was an outspoken critic of the mainstream media. His efforts were behind controversial investigations that led to the resignations of former Rep. Anthony Weiner and former Agriculture Department official Shirley Sherrod.

His websites also featured a 2009 hidden-camera sting video that brought embarrassment to the community group ACORN. The videos show ACORN staffers purportedly offering advice on taxes and other issues to actors posing as a prostitute and pimp.

Breitbart was walking near his house in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles shortly after midnight when he collapsed, his father-in-law Orson Bean says, the Associated Press reports.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

And of course there's the conspiracy theory...

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975

his 'BIG' sites are some of the most obnoxious sites on the interwebs.

Unbelievable hack factor.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

They actually had a documentary "7 years in the making" getting ready to be released.  They had footage going back to the early days and have chronicled his rise...

The website was taken down today...

HatingBreitbart.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975

haha.  I love neocons framing their support for establishment goons as punk rock.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

You're suggesting Breitbart was an "establishment goon"?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975

I'm saying he seems to be an average neocon who is trying to say that Michelle Bachman, Allen West, and other empty suits are giving a big 'fuck you' to the system.  As if.  And as if his pandering to middle america is so awesome it needs nu-metal rapcore as a soundtrack.

Notice how doesn't have the same respect for Ron Paul.  His 'BIG Peace' (pro-war site) refers to Ron Paul's book Liberty Defined as 'All of Ron Paul's Weird Ideas'.  And predictably refers to him as anti-semitic because of said book, without citing any passages, of course.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Be that as it may, he was still useful.  Incredibly useful.

Even InfoWars/PrisonPlanet echo that this is a net loss:

Establishment Gadfly Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

Breitbart was responsible for a number of journalistic controversies, including the outing of New York Representative Anthony Weiner, who Twittered sexually explicit photos. He was also involved in the 2009 ACORN video scandal and released two short videos showing racist excerpts of a speech made by Shirley Sherrod at an NAACP fundraising dinner in March 2010.

He was a thorn in the side of both the Democrat and Republican establishment. Breitbart outraged dyed-in-the-wool Republicans when in 2011 he was the primary host of a party that served to "welcome" the gay group GOProud or the "homocons" to the Conservative Political Action Conference.

Will Damning Obama Footage Still Be Released After Breitbart’s Death?

Breitbart’s untimely death has shocked the media world and left some to question whether or not damning footage of Obama in his youth, which Breitbart announced he had obtained only last month, will still be released.

According to some observers, the footage threatened to sink Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.

“I’ve got video from his college days that show you why racial division and class warfare are central to what hope and change was sold in 2008 – the videos are going to come out,” Breitbart told a crowd during a CPAC speech in February, adding that the video shows Obama meeting “a bunch of silver pony tails” like Bill and Bernardine Dohrn (Weather Underground members), who radicalized him.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975

I'm not an expert on him or infowars.

But I don't think the anthony weiner thing was that big of a deal, nor did the acorn thing change anything.  I assume the gay thing is like the token blacks in the party like allen west and herman cain.  I think it is also an insult that he considers himself 'libertarian':  he contributes to the idea that that word means that one is the same as a conservative, but a bit more lenient on civil liberties. 

I don't think whatever videos he has are going to be as awesome as he apparently made them out to be.   I would be very surprised.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975

I also don't think it is a big deal that Obama was more radical in college.  Isn't it plausible that he changed his views as he got older?  What about all of the Trotskyist-turned-neocons?  No one turns the spotlight on those cockroaches, because they are always brown-noses and behind the scenes.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Another bump for Jones, but again, I think it's worth it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:42 AM

Okay, so here's a new piece on this story.  At the end, the author says:

"I’m having a hard time buying the suggestion that this young man simply had a heart attack considering his 'big' announcement never materialized."

Is that true?  It would seem so, as one would think it would have made a splash that you wouldn't have been able to avoid, but isn't that what all this stuff is?  It doesn't exactly seem to be "bringing Obama down" as Breitbart claimed it would.  I can't imagine the stuff he was alluding to at CPAC wouldn't be released, so one would have to figure this was it.  So why haven't I heard any of it?  Why did I have to search on Breitbart's own main website to find it?  Is it really that Breitbart himself was the only guy who knew how to properly release this stuff to make the proper splash?

Has anyone heard any of the "big announcement" that Breitbart was talking about at CPAC?  Or is this it?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 12:32 PM

Okay, now we're talking...

Breitbart's Coroner was Possibly Poisoned?

As the Los Angeles Coroner ruled that Andrew Breitbart had trauma when dying. It may be that the same coroner died from being poisoned.

That is right, Breitbart; considered the first victim of the NDAA by Lemon Global has a clear conspiracy around him.

Now a coroner, the same day as Andrew Breitbart's results coming out has been poisoned. It still isn't clear whether or not it was Andrew Breitbart's coroner, but this is screaming clear conspiracy fact to us at Lemon Global.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

The videos were so not controversial.  I highly doubt Obama had him offed.  Breitbart was a sensationalist.  Kind of like Alex Jones, but less accurate and more mainstream friendly.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Aristophanes:
The videos were so not controversial.

Yeah if you're talking about this stuff, that was the point I was making the second to last post.  That's why I'm wondering if whatever Breitbart was talking about actually wasn't released, like the blogger guy says in that post.  Like I said, I barely came across that stuff, and it's really only on Breitbart's website.  It just doesn't make sense that that's what Breitbart himself was saying would take Obama down.

He's not the kind of guy who would just oversell something like that.  He basically made his career out of actually taking big people and orgs down.  I just don't see him saying something like he did at CPAC and then it being a flop.

I highly doubt Obama had him offed.  Breitbart was a sensationalist.  Kind of like Alex Jones, but less accurate and more mainstream friendly.

I don't know about Obama having him killed, but it certainly makes a lot less sense that he died of "natural causes"...particularly when the coroner who made that ruling is now dead, due to poisoning.  I really have a hard time finding that a coincidence.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

I don't know about Obama having him killed, but it certainly makes a lot less sense that he died of "natural causes"...particularly when the coroner who made that ruling is now dead, due to poisoning.  I really have a hard time finding that a coincidence.

I suppose there is an endless amount of people close to Pbama that stand to lose from it.  And that is interesting that they might not have released what he was actually talking about.  What could it have possibly been?

Hannity "debuted" that lame 'hug video' like it was A.B.'s big deal.  Hannity is a known Establishment propagandist.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Hannity is covering for one of Obama's handlers and/or cohorts?  It would be an actual example of a limited hangout (possibly like Wikileaks).

I'm still wondering about the guy, John Wheeler, who was third in command of the Air Force nuke release chain of command during early Bush Jr. years and ended up beat to daeth and left in a dumpster.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS