Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ron Paul tax day Moneybomb TODAAAYYYY

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Sun, Apr 15 2012 1:55 AM

You may have heard Tom Woods discuss President Warren Harding in his "Why You've Never Heard of the Great Depression of 1920" lecture.  We hear of how Harding wasn't trying to run everyone's lives and how he took a "handsoff" approach during the downturn in 1920-21, and how much the establishment hates him because of it.

Did you ever hear the story of the 1920 Warren Harding Republican Convention?  General Leonard Wood went in there with 30 percent of the delegates and thought he had it made. Warren Harding went in with six percent of the delegates. After ten ballots, Harding had 70 percent.

Harding went on to defeat Democrat James M. Cox in the largest presidential popular vote landslide in American history (60.36% to 34.19%) since popular votes were first recorded in 1824.

Could Ron Paul Become the 2012 Version of Candidate Warren Harding?

You decide. Spread this around, and donate what you can

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

John James:
Warren Harding went in with six percent of the delegates. After ten ballots, Harding had 70 percent.

John James:

Could Ron Paul Become the 2012 Version of Candidate Warren Harding?

You decide. Spread this around, and donate what you can

I didn't know that about Harding- very interesting! How does Santorum's dropping out of the race affect the convention? What is a brokered convention? If there's already been a thread regarding this subject I'll understand if that's all that's pasted in reply.

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 11:30 AM

ThatOldGuy:
I didn't know that about Harding- very interesting! How does Santorum's dropping out of the race affect the convention? What is a brokered convention? If there's already been a thread regarding this subject I'll understand if that's all that's pasted in reply.

Ben Swann's got you covered. wink

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

7 Reasons to Donate to Ron Paul's Tax Day Money Bomb

Published on April 13, 2012 by

It’s a frantic Friday here at Lions of Liberty, what with our own Dom appearing on The New American Media’s “Agree to Disagree” this afternoon (will be posted here next week for those late to the dance).  But in the meantime, we’d be remiss not to promote a major money bomb for the Ron Paul campaign, coming up ironically on what is usually known  as the dreaded Tax Day, April 15.  Since it falls on a Sunday this year we all get the priveledge of an extra day until we get to pay the piper that is The State. What better time to toss some of those hard-earned fiat dollars towards the man who’s stated goal is to end the income tax and the IRS all together?

But why should you donate? After all, Ron Paul hasn’t won a single primary and Mitt Romney is undoubtedly going to be the Republican nominee, right? The answers are “not exactly” and “we’ll see about that”. Here are 7 good reasons, in no particular order, to donate to Ron Paul’s money bomb on Sunday.

1.  The Anti Romney. With the departure of Rick  Santorum from the race, Ron Paul is the clear “Anti-Romney” candidate.  With Newt Gingrich’s campaign almost $5 Million in Debt and bouncing checks , Dr. Paul is the only alternative within the Republican Party for fiscal conservatives.  Echoing our own John O’s olive branch to Santorum supporters, it’s time for conservatives to come together to oppose Romney.

2. The Budget Plan. Ron Paul is the only candidate to have submitted a budget plan with specifics, including $1 Trillion in cuts in Year 1 and a balanced budget by Year 3.  Romney has his “59 point plan” , but it includes no budget or plans for reducing debt.  Regardless of who the nominee is, the Republicans will have to present a budget and a plan to reduce the debt if they have any hope of gathering support from the Tea Party and fiscal conservatives. Even Michael Bloomberg, no fiscal conservative himself, admits that Ron Paul is the only one with a real budget plan.

[Continue Reading for 7 Reasons...]

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Wow.  500k is a far cry from the 2.5 million that Paul wanted to continue.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

I've never donated to a political campaign ever but this may be my first! I like the "$2012.00" choices, lol.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 12:25 PM

Keep it comin!

And if you're interested where all the money goes...find out to the penny.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS