Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Happy Earth Day!

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840
vive la insurrection Posted: Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:09 PM

Hello my fellow citiziens.  You are no doubt celebrating Earth Day, as we are all very scientific and progressive people so, Happy Earth Day.

Don't worry about those reactionaries who don't celebrate this triumph of a day...one day all their kind will be in the "dust bin of history" by their own un-utilitatian outlook on things.

(the "right kind" of) Peace, Diviersity, Multiculturalism, and The EU forever,

Citizen Vive

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:35 AM

Citizen Comrade Vive

Ftfy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:30 AM

That's it for the environment, next week library subscription fees.

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

Bah, environmental asceticism is a bunch of unscientific humbug. Asceticism doesn't improve the environment, wealth does. But none of these zealots ever bothered to check the empiric evidence. This is nothing but a religious observance.

Oh, and in a tasty bit of symbolism, Earth Day is two days after Hitlers birthday.

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Oh, and in a tasty bit of symbolism, Earth Day is two days after Hitlers birthday.

April 19th is the start of a 13 day holiday.

Wait 'til May Day, the pagan festival of beltane; a fertility ritual with blood sacrifice ending with Hitler's suicide.  - We got OBL on May Day too.  The last day of the festival requires a burn sacrifice.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 12:44 PM

And April 22 is also Lenin's birthday... wink

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

Kakugo:
And April 22 is also Lenin's birthday... wink
I'll be darned. They're not even trying to hide it, eh.

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

lol So you all sing praise of earth day all while mocking my desires to live sustainably and peacefully.

There's no way you can adhere to the NAP and live an unnecessary lifestyle which causes systematic violence.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:28 PM

You are in the wrong thread.  Go back to your own.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Well done, Comrade Whyelous. Currently reading We the Living by Ayn Rand right now, I thought the same correction would be appropriate (everyone in that book is formally addressed as "Comrade [Surname]").

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 5:26 PM

So you all sing praise of earth day all while mocking my desires to live sustainably and peacefully.

There's no way you can adhere to the NAP and live an unnecessary lifestyle which causes systematic violence.

wtf r u srs?  Really, are you really that daft?

Anyway, it's been raining on and off all day, which is helpful for the garden we have with appropriated land from a foreclosed house across the street from my girlfriends.  I suppose it's a good Earth day in a way.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

Anyway, it's been raining on and off all day, which is helpful for the garden we have with appropriated land from a foreclosed house across the street from my girlfriends.  I suppose it's a good Earth day in a way.

little too early for my tastes to start my garden.  I usually wait until mid may.  Than again Virginia probably has a longer shelf life for thatt stuff compared to Chicago

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:01 PM

The weather has been odd lately (but I guess that's just how VA is).  It's been chilly the past two days, probably no warmer than 60, and before that we had 90 degree days.  One week is good, and another blows...  This is the first time we had a decent rain the past few weeks.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Can't have a thread about Earth Day and not include Carlin...

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

Haha! "We're so self-important. Everyone's gonna save something now." So true.

While we're talking about environmentalism, I had a thought the other day. The amount of humans that can be lifted out of poverty is directly dependent on energy, right? It's the master resource. With enough energy all other resources could be made abundant. Well, environmentalism basically aims to make energy inefficient. That's the stated goal. The goal is to arbitrarily shift energy use to naturally renewable sources instead of just sources that are renewable by humans. So far none of this is disputed by anyone, really. Well, that makes environmentalism pretty much a human misery movement, right? The result of environmentalism is by necessity poverty and misery. Not as an unintended consequence, or anything like that. But as a direct, almost intended effect.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS