Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Libertarians in China

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615
rosstaylor posted on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:21 PM

Greetings,

I will be heading to China in a few months and I was hoping to meet some libertarians in China. Anyone here living in China or know libertarians there?

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,439 Posts
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:26 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath, because I daresay that's what most vocal Chinese libertarians are doing... 

This is just a guess, but I bet that you could find a fair number of libertarians in Hong-Kong

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

Well.  China's kind of a big place.  And it's not always easy to get around.  But I know our own David Veksler is currently in China.  (you may recognize him as your very first friend on this forum.)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
321 Posts
Points 5,235
Seph replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:44 AM

What city will you be going to? I'm in Beijing, and for what its worth, the ratio of libertarians to non-libertarians among expats is roughly similar to that in the west. Among Chinese people though, the ratio is unsurprisingly smaller. 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,943 Posts
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 10:58 AM

Related: http://www.libertarianstandard.com/2012/04/25/let-freedom-ring-and-self-censorship/

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615

Thank you for the replies!

@Seph - I will be heading to Shanghai. Are you currently working in China? I'm interested in networking!

@John James - I checked out David's profile and he's currently residing in Shanghai!! This is great, since that's the city that I will be heading to. Perhaps he can help me find a job or something...

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS