Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

AnCap Pinterest

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 705
jdkdsgn Posted: Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:51 AM

So last week my friends were going on about Pinterest and how it's a pretty snazzy site (mostly for girls). I figured it might be a cool way of aggregating visual bookmarks for newbies looking for a more organized/bite-size way of ingesting praxeology, austro-libertarianism, etc. I think it has the potential to get a lot of people thinking about liberty.

http://pinterest.com/ancaptain/

what do you guys think? I'm thinking about making a profile that would be accessible to anyone who has the username/password, and it could become a sort of community storehouse.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 985
Points 21,180
hashem replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:22 PM

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. —Mark Twain
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 705
jdkdsgn replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:41 PM

pinned.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

before we start getting a lot of repeats, you might check here (and pin what all you like)

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 705
jdkdsgn replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:24 PM

Yea, and Nielsio has a great channel on YouTube for pretty much the same thing I'm thinking about -- but I heard that Pinterest is the fastest growing social network in history, and it might be worth it to be "the first" to disseminate ideas on this platform. There are plenty of "storehouses", but the audience is the key issue. Not many people travel to these forums (relatively speaking).

I'm just trying to hit a new demographic so maybe liberty can become a serious mainstream issue. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS