Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Regarding the stability of the Mises site in the last few days

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855
ThatOldGuy Posted: Tue, May 1 2012 5:28 PM

This thread is inspired by this post as well as similar concerns of my own regarding the matter in question. In the last week or so, mises.org has crashed- a lot. It isn't just from my computer just being stubborn, either. Typing [mises.org] here during these recent few episodes yields the result: It's not just you! mises.org looks down from here. 

Does anyone have ideas as to why this may be occurring?

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Like I said here, my guess is behind the scenes work.

(kudos on the downforeveryoneorjustme.com.  I hadn't heard of that, but I would have figured there was something like that.)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110

So I was about to respond to this thread when the site shits out on me again.  angry

Anyway, my concern about this is I don't want the forums to get lost!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

It's happened to me three times since the OP in this thread- only these times it was just me. Hopefully, John James is right that it's the result of something happening behind the scenes (and that it's for good and not evil, as many in the thread to which he links in his response suggest- okay, it's probably not for evil).

And I agree- it would be a sad day if these forums were ever to get lost.

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

It's not like the data will be lost, but if you just mean "lost" in the sense that you possibly won't be able to access it when you want to, yeah I can understand that.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110

Well, I am nervous that the data will be lost, but it's probably extremely unlikely.  All these errors are making me nervous about it, even if it's silly of me.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 781
Points 13,130

I've had the same experience recently...no idea what's causing it.

apiarius delendus est, ursus esuriens continendus est
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS