Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What do you look like?

rated by 0 users
This post has 113 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

I look more like this:

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590

Okay, I wasn't going to bring this up before, but I actually have a couple of videos of myself on YouTube. Here's one. Here's another.

Enjoy! smiley

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Points 5,675

A shame I don't post more or someone would take a shot at what I look like

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,310
Heather replied on Fri, May 4 2012 6:31 PM

My Buddy - Does not like feeling left out of the fun. One of his favorite foods is poutine. Prefers small groups of close friends over large party situations.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Heather is way too good at this.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Wheylous:

Daniel:

I'll take it.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

What F4M thinks it will be like living in the forest"

What it will really be like:

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,956
Points 56,800

I look like my forum pic except a little older and slightly fatter.  I blame video games.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

My Buddy:

*cough* *cough*

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590

Wheylous:

Atolykos:

I think you mean this:

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

That's not me. He just looks like me. I dont dress like that.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 372
Points 8,230

Alright.

http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/files/2009/08/bag-over-head.jpg

"Nutty as squirrel shit."
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590

Copycat.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, May 4 2012 8:00 PM

He just looks like me.

Don't be modest, we all know what you really look like:

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Freedom4Me73986:
That's not me. He just looks like me. I dont dress like that.

...but you do wear clothes made by technology from civilization.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

wtf?  Clayton where the hell did you get that picture?  I didn't see anyone with cameras.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,310
Heather replied on Fri, May 4 2012 8:06 PM

EmperorNero:

My Buddy:

*cough* *cough*

EmporerNero -  likes feeling a little bit of attention yet wants to be discrete about asking for it. Thinks people in general are good. Willing to let another know they are correct even if it means he is wrong. He enjoys music and history. 

Nero poses for the camera in front of a castle wall in Europe

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

Smiling Dave:

Wheylous,

That's me about 40 years ago

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

Smiling Dave: Normal size, looks unobtrusive but intelligent until you get him started on politics. Bad at smiling but witty. wears somewhat formal clothing a lot. Needs to get out and away from his computer more.

Not bad. Actually I do smile a lot. As for politics, I think all the candidates are clones of each other, but for Ron Paul. Pretty pesimistic about politics, so don't discuss it much.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

*cough* *cough*

*Achoo*

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

I look more like this:

I know, I know. I, too, looked up "survivalist" on Google images. Yet I found the picture too tame.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

I think you mean this:

Yeah, that's perfect.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, May 4 2012 9:30 PM

I know, I know. I, too, looked up "survivalist" on Google images. Yet I found the picture too tame.

Make it stop!!!!!!

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 372
Points 8,230

Autolykos:

Ah, but you didn't have a bag over that...head?

"Nutty as squirrel shit."
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:43 PM

"Okay, I wasn't going to bring this up before, but I actually have a couple of videos of myself on YouTube. Here's one. Here's another."

Damn Autokylos, you really are very attractive... And I love your accent. Lucky guy.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:06 PM

Neodoxy:

Gotlucky: Brown hair, good at making funny faces. Hates kids.  Needs to get out and away from his computer more.

Hate is such a strong word.  Sounds just right.

And you were right about the brown hair:

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,288
Points 22,350

"Aristippus: Blond. Owns a lot of Grecian stuff including a toga. Normal size, wears contacts. Needs to get out and away from his computer more."

Brown hair but otherwise pretty accurate!

The Voluntaryist Reader: http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com/ Libertarian forums that actually work: http://voluntaryism.freeforums.org/index.php
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:14 PM

JJ on a good day:

JJ on a bad day:

Wheylous on a good day

Wheylous on a bad day

Clayton on a good day

Vive on a good day:

Vive on a bad day:

Me on a good day

Me on a bad day

Rothbard's disciple on a good day

Rothbard's Disciple on a bad day

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Aristippus:
"Aristippus: Blond. Owns a lot of Grecian stuff including a toga. Normal size, wears contacts. Needs to get out and away from his computer more."

Brown hair but otherwise pretty accurate!

Please tell me you own a lot of Greek stuff, including a toga.  Because if by "otherwise pretty accurate" you meant "otherwise mostly accurate", meaning everything except the Greek thing, that basically just leaves normal size and wears contacts.  Which is basically like saying "uh.  Some guy."

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,288
Points 22,350

I have quite a few ancient coins (including Greek ones) and other miscellanea,  as well as many books about ancient Greece and in ancient Greek.  I don't have a toga but I didn't say he was 100% accurate, and I have no idea where he pulled the contacts thing from.  Besides, the toga is a Roman and not a Greek form of clothing.

The Voluntaryist Reader: http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com/ Libertarian forums that actually work: http://voluntaryism.freeforums.org/index.php
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Having contacts is more common than blonde hair.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:55 PM

LOL.  Holy shit, one of the best threads on the forum.  Thing is, a lot of what's said about me is hitting pretty on target.  Though I feel implied to post pictures of myself in an almost mocking way, so here it goes:

In high school I looked like this:

Maybe add a Reagan Youth shirt and a studded leather jacket, but the physique is all there.

Let's fast forward a couple years when I can grow a beard, because that's what matters.  Here's myself on Skyline Drive in the Appalachian Mountains.

Check that nice back drop, and who would've guessed that shirt came from a thrift store?  This was October 2010.

Here's another from a place in the mid west that I cannot remember on the same trip:

Dark haired girl on my shoulders?  Check.  Luckily she got rid of those goofy glasses and moved up to a thicker and much more square frame, which are actually bigger, but it does not do justice unless we are both wearing our black, thick framed glasses at the same time.  It makes making out a pain in the ass.

Fast forward to January 2011:

Shit eating grin?  That's what people say, but of course I'm intoxicated in this picture.  Would you have guessed I got that sweet suede jacket at the thrift store as well?  Shock value Totenkopf-6 Death in June shirt?  Check.

Here's one this past summer (between June-August 2011), also on Skyline Drive (it's a nice place to frequent):

Check that manly beard and chest hair, and who can miss the Mjolnir pendant carved out of bone?  For those out of the loop, that's Thor's hammer.

And another:

Yeah, I'm on a damn waterfall.  Around 75 from top to bottom if I'm correct, and I looked up and said "fuck it" and climbed right up to the halfway point.  No big deal, wasn't hard or anything, but at least I go out and conquer wilderness unlike some people here.

Here's a more recent pic at the beach at night drinking and other things (April 2012):

I'm on the right with the beer, beard, coyote teeth necklace, and Joy Division shirt.  Beard is back to being trimmed, but it has it's phases of being out of control and "professional" for the work environment.  You can't tell, but I'm wearing a black beanie, that compliments my thick framed glasses and J.D. shirt, and I'm probably holding a PBR in my hand.  Dark haired glasses wearing female by my side?  Of course.

Edit: Also, since about 2008, I've had a rat tail.  It was blonde, but in time faded back to brown (takes a while when you don't use shampoo to strip anything out of your hair), but was pretty long at a point to where I could wrap it around my nose and almost touch my ear with it.  People ask why, but well I got it was I was still "panx as fux" (for those out of the loop, panx being a replacement for punx by those who are raw punk as fuk, y'know, high amounts of Amebix, Discharge, anarcho-punk, etc.)  I can still touch my nose with it, but I've trimmed the dead ends.  My girlfriend dreaded hers, so I'm not allowed to do that so we don't match.  Hard to explain what it looks like to someone who gets the image of some redneck in their mind, but everyone loves it (if anything looks more like something a hipster would have).  I also cut my own hair, as well as my girlfriends.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,310
Heather replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:19 AM

wow I think I even got Bert's right down to the very same shirt. :)

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

I sneezed for a reason, Mises Forum. I don't care if my 200 or so posts are so scattered that you have no idea of my personality or what I look like. I want to attention, and I want it now, damnit.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,310
Heather replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:33 AM

NonAntiAnarchist - Has found it easier to work on his short temper towards his parents now that he is out of the house. Has a potty mouth.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:38 AM

Heather it wouldn't be uncommon for me to have my flannel shirt off and flung over my shoulder with large sunglasses on drinking various beverages (perhaps alcoholic) out the back of my car in a parking lot.  It's also not uncommon that I keep various sunglasses and flannel shirts in my car just for this reason, but the difference is I drive a green 96 Volvo 850 wagon, so it's even more likely I'll pop the hatch and start the party.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,055
Points 41,895

I really lol'd at some of these.

I'm wondering what people would have guessed without my avatar.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sat, May 5 2012 6:29 AM

I would just assume you look like this:

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 80
Points 1,520

This thread is awesome! I'm fairly new and don't post here, but would like to see what others think i might look like.

Page 2 of 3 (114 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS