Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

*Externalities threads*

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 72
Points 1,210

I have to say that it's great to have you do this sort of thing. Thanks for the work, it's much appreciated!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,687
Points 48,995

While I apologize for another link to my blog, I think people might find this interesting: Greenhouse Externalities.  Its a brief explanation of externality logic and why AGW doesn't call for what its proponents have been asking for in terms of redistributive justice.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

And just for good measure, they're all collected in the Ultimate Beginner meta-thread  yes

:EDIT:

Jonathan...economicthought is back?...does this mean all those broken links to your old blog posts will work again??

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,687
Points 48,995

It is back, but unfortunately none of the old blog is available.  I'm horrible at backing up my databases, although I suppose I should do it more often.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

Reading the abstract of this paper, I'm highly looking forward to reading it:

http://mises.org/journals/scholar/Murphy6.pdf

The conventional argument for government  provision of defense is that military 
expenditures exhibit large positive externalities.  As the Coase Theorem demonstrates, in 
a world of zero transactions costs, individuals could sign binding contracts and achieve 
an efficient level of defense expenditures without coercion.  The present paper shows that 
the institutions of insurance and call options could allow private markets in the real world 
to approximate the zero transactions cost outcome.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

MUAHAHAAAA. I have compiled the ultimate list of externalities works!

http://candlemind.com/projects/progclub/file/michael/externalities.php

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

I did use some of those, but not all. Furthermore, I include many not on there.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS