Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

HUGE Ron Paul Moneybomb in TODAAAY...May 17

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Mon, May 14 2012 3:59 PM

So you've likely heard about the press release from the Ron Paul campaign that he will not campaign in any primary states going forward.  (Of course, you've probably been led to believe that he has suspended his campaign, or dropped out of the race, which is patently false.)

Indeed, there is a moneybomb that has been scheduled for quite some time coming up in 3 days, on Thursday May 17.

Obviously, the reason for the campaign decision to avoid primary states was due to lack of funds, so it's absolutely vital that we get the word out on this moneybomb and make it HUGE.

visit RiseForLiberty.com and pledge your support.

Spread the word, and donate what you can

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Mon, May 14 2012 4:11 PM

Can you start a thread on RP possible futures? I've heard rumors of things like a cable TV talk program, etc. Would be nice to air out the rumors as well as bullshit on what we think he should do.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

His campaign statement may well be an attempt at a sort of passive aggressive PR advertisment for his money bomb as well.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

To be perfectly honest, I'm not positive Paul won't win the nomination.  With the news of delegate count and the two possible strategies for 1st ballot (1, delegates aren't bound, and 2, if they are bound, they can probably abstain), I can't say for sure this thing is locked up.  I understand what he/we're up against, but I'd be incredibly apprehensive to put money against him, and not just because he's obviously the outcome I would prefer.

One thing's pretty guaranteed, barring any unforseen major shift beforehand, the Convention is going to be an interesting show, depending on how this plays out.

I actually don't have any interest in pontificating "Ron Paul's future" until I'm sure he doesn't have one in this campaign.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Mon, May 14 2012 4:24 PM

Well, we're in agreement that RP is definitely not out of the race. In politics, it all comes down to leverage. The very fact that it remains arithmetically possible that he could win puts him in a position to put the hurt on the establishment, even if he does not get the nomination. Perhaps we can force Romney to put a Fed-overhaul/end-of-FRN-legal-tender plank (the national security plank will be even more difficult) into his platform. Following the RP strategy for spreading-the-message-by-winning, this would be valuable for forcing these issues even more into the mainstream discussion.

But my heart will be heavy if he doesn't get the nomination so that's why I'll want to talk about what else he's going to be doing instead.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

I thought he'd already hinted at a TV show. I might be wrong, but I thought he'd said something about it when asked what he will do since he's retiring from Congress.

I also think that the GOP convention will be a shit show to say the least... =D

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 247
Points 4,055
excel replied on Mon, May 14 2012 6:27 PM

Could you guys imagine Mitt Romney accepting the nomination while 1000+ (in my dream-world) delegates boo his every policy talking point?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

Definitely going to spread the word and donate as best I can. Keep fighting guys!

Out of curiosity, what are you guys planning to do in the general election? Write in Ron Paul? Vote Gary Johnson? Abstain? I think it'd be best if we stick to the same strategy so we have the greatest impact.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Abstention will do nothing.  It is impossible, by definition, to gauge its impact...aside from that, I'll write Paul in.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, May 16 2012 12:00 PM

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS