Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Numerical Economic Data

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
abrhinehart Posted: Fri, May 18 2012 9:32 AM

Hello All,

I am looking for sources of data to support my economic discussions with friends and family.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Adam

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Okaaay.  Um.  Have you tried www.Google.com?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60

yeah, i get a bunch of nonsense when i do that

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Perhaps you could tell us what sort of data you're looking for.  Or what sort of "economic discussions" you're having...and what positions you're taking.

I mean, you have to realize how you're basically giving us nothing to go on.

I'm looking for data to support my technological discussions with friends and family.  Can you point me in the right direction?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

i thought the whole pt of austrian economics was to explain itself through philosophical points and reasoning.

but if you need statistics though, you could try the 2010 census...

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60

Im discussing how the free market provides better service at a lower price compared to the government.  The people im talking to are looking for numerical data to back up that claim.  they arent interested in hearing about dead wieght loss, the virtue of competition, or any other type of theory.  they want hard data to illustrate, side by side, how the private sector is in fact more productive than the government.  I easily found data on the value of the dollar going back 200+ years but i am having trouble finding data on other topics.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Here's some anecdotal evidence for ya...

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS