Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Texan Becomes First to Shoot Down Gov. Drone - Becomes Hero

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Tue, May 29 2012 11:24 AM

http://www.infowars.com/drones-shot-down-over-texas/

We need more of this. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Tue, May 29 2012 11:43 AM

Title is incorrect.

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Tue, May 29 2012 2:13 PM

i try to make my titles as short as possible...i guess sometimes I get it wrong.  what did I mess up so I can fix it?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Points 11,275

I was so looking forward to this being true. sad

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, May 29 2012 2:31 PM

It was not a government drone.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 2,945

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

limitgov:
i try to make my titles as short as possible...i guess sometimes I get it wrong.  what did I mess up so I can fix it?

Uh.  The entire thing.  Perhaps you should try and read a single paragraph of the link you created this thread for.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Tue, May 29 2012 3:14 PM

"Following columnist Charles Krauthammer’s observation that the first person to shoot down a surveillance drone on U.S. soil will be a “folk hero,” gun enthusiasts in Texas have done precisely that as a protest against the use of spy drones on the American people."

dang infowars....they twist words...alex exagerates things...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

limitgov:
"Following columnist Charles Krauthammer’s observation that the first person to shoot down a surveillance drone on U.S. soil will be a “folk hero,” gun enthusiasts in Texas have done precisely that as a protest against the use of spy drones on the American people."

dang infowars....they twist words...alex exagerates things...

...or maybe he just assumes people would actually read more than the first sentence of his article...or at least watch one of the two videos posted on it, before running off to a forum to create a thread on it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:09 AM

".or maybe he just assumes people would actually read more than the first sentence of his article...or at least watch one of the two videos posted on it, before running off to a forum to create a thread on it."

videos are blocked here at work.

i skim over articles.  and I'll be honest...that first paragragh sure does make it sound like he shot down a drone...especially when you skim over the first paragraph.

but...just in case...if I ever see something that sounds totally outrageous...i post it...and sure enough...you guys help me better to analyis it...and in this case...you helped me to fix my mistake.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:34 AM

limitgov:
i skim over articles.  [...] but...just in case...if I ever see something that sounds totally outrageous...i post it...and sure enough...you guys help me better to analyis it.

You mean, read more than the first sentence for you

Here's an idea.  Don't post something you haven't read at least half of...let along start a thread for it.  And don't attempt to editorialize or summarize, because evidently it is too difficult.  Just use the title of the article.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Wed, May 30 2012 11:33 AM

"You mean, read more than the first sentence for you?"

now that's not fair, john...i said I skimmed over the ENTIRE paragraph.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, May 30 2012 11:39 AM

Oh, well that's totally different.  World's apart.  Night and day.  The sun and the moon.  Hitler and Roderick Long.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Wed, May 30 2012 11:46 AM

i don't know who roderick long is. 

i get the feeling you might be like me....a little, john....you probably worry too much...don't sleep good at night...unless of course, you're fat and you're like me...then, you probably do sleep good at night.

i think you and i are more similar than you probably think...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, May 30 2012 12:33 PM

limitgov:
i don't know who roderick long is.

Hence the hyperlink I provided for you to offer context.

i get the feeling you might be like me

Creating threads with completely false titles for articles I didn't even bother to read?  I'm pretty sure I've never done that.

you probably worry too much...don't sleep good at night...unless of course, you're fat and you're like me...then, you probably do sleep good at night.

I can actually count my worries on half a hand.  And I'd be willing to bet people would criticize me if I even tried to consider them "worries".  If I was fat, I'd probably have a lot more worries.  Like heart disease.  Do you realize that kills more Americans than any other single cause?  Perhaps you shouldn't be sleeping so easy.

i think you and i are more similar than you probably think...

mmm...nah.  Probably more like night and day.  The sun and the moon.  Hitler and Roderick Long.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Wed, May 30 2012 1:41 PM

"Hence the hyperlink I provided for you to offer context."

john...come on....i don't read full articles...unless I'm really really interested. 

and with the fat thing, I was saying, I'm not fat, but if you were, then that could be one difference between us.

but you're right, we're probably pretty different.  i can be pretty impatient...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

limitgov:
i don't read full articles...unless I'm really really interested.

Then here's a thought.  Don't create threads for articles you aren't "really really interested" in.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:09 AM

"Then here's a thought.  Don't create threads for articles you aren't "really really interested" in."

John, I do things on the spur of the moment...i get gut feelings for threads i should make. 

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

Glad you both found a new friend.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 10:43 AM

"Glad you both found a new friend."

if you're a hot girl, there's plenty of room for a 3 way friendship.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

I obviously am.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

limitgov:
I do things on the spur of the moment...i get gut feelings for threads i should make.

This is getting more ridiculous by the post.

Gut feelings are fine.  Again, just read the damn thing before you create a thread for it.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 12:27 PM

...Whyyy is this thread still going??

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

Currently? Because of you.

Page 1 of 1 (25 items) | RSS