Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Nigel Farage vs. Prince (Charles)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,493 Posts
Points 39,355
Malachi posted on Tue, May 29 2012 9:39 PM
Does anyone have a video of Farage? I saw the video of Charles, its the one about windmills and its boring.
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
  • | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

I'm not sure what you're talking about or what exactly you're asking for, but going by your words, it sounds like you're asking for "a video of Farage".  There's a Nigel Farage thread that has multiple videos of Farage.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,493 Posts
Points 39,355
Thanks for the link. The video I seek is from when Prince Charles addressed the euparl and got a standing ovation, Farage was apparently the only brit who remained seated, then he said things like "How can somebody like Prince Charles be allowed to come to the European Parliament at this time to announce he thinks it should have more powers? It would have been better for the country he wants to rule one day if he had stayed home and tried to persuade Gordon Brown to give the people the promised referendum on the Treaty of Lisbon."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage#Prince_Charles

Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

Interesting, I can't seem to find it in a prelim search.  However, there is audio of his discussion of it on the Alex Jones show...

Playlist here

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,493 Posts
Points 39,355
Thanks for your efforts. They probably scrubbed all copies of it at about the same time as when they told Farage that if he kept it up he would end up dying in a car 'accident' in an underground tunnel underneath a pentagram and torch because of the 'paparazzi.'
Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Have you tried http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nigel+farage+prince+charles ?

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135
Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Have you?

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.

Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

I thought it was obvious.  That's why I'm asking if you even looked at your own link.  Have you?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I thought it was obvious.

Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

Well, it certainly seemed like you hadn't, but I figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt and ask instead of assume.  So thank you for confirming my first instinct.

Now why exactly would you take the time to post a link without even looking at it?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

...yawn.

EDIT: Ohhh! I get your question. This is another of your "gotcha" moments. Yeah... This is like me recommending to someone that he search the local library and then you coming along and asking why I would recommend what I have recommended to someone if I haven't searched the entire libary myself. Umm... If I had searched the entire library, then either I would have found the resource and provide it directly, or I wouldn't have found the resource and, thus, wouldn't have recommended that he search the library. So, what's your point?

Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

Daniel Muffinburg:
Umm... If I had searched the entire library, then either I would have found the resource and provide it directly, or I wouldn't have found the resource and, thus, wouldn't have recommended that he search the library. So, what's your point?

a) there is no guarantee that a person would actually provide the resource if they found it and not just tell the person to go search the library himself anyway.  (Especially you.)

b) Searching a physical library is a bit different than running a single search on youtube, for various reasons, but the most obvious and most significant would be practicality, ease, and time cost.  It takes literally less than 30 seconds to search through multiple pages of results from a single youtube search query...and the results are displayed in order of perceived relevance. 

Ergo, it is not out of the realm of reasonable assumption that if one were to actually have such a URL typed out, one would have already generated such search results.  In other words, I seriously doubt you created that URL from scratch by typing it yourself, as that would have taken longer than simply going to youtube.com and entering the search terms and then copy/pasting the generated URL.  Plus, typing it out you run the risk of getting the syntax wrong making your link (and your entire post) essentially void (unless you assume the person your posting for is clever enough to look at the contents of the URL and determine the search terms you used and go to search them himself.)

What's more, if you were willing to take the time to type out such a sequence, it would make one wonder why you wouldn't simply look up the terms and run the search yourself, saving the person the time of running a fruitless search himself, as well as from having to read a useless post.

However, if you were wiling to run the search yourself, it also begs the question, why could/would you not simply take the extra 15 seconds (and that's generous) to scroll through he first few pages of results, thus again saving the person the time of doing so himself, as well as reading a useless post?

c) One also wonders why one wouldn't assume the OP hasn't already searched the most popular video repository in the world using the exact terms he used for the title of the entire thread.

Asking such a question (in particular by writing out the entire youtube url) can come off as insulting, and not in good faith...and if one was genuinely trying to offer help, it would be assumed one wouldn't ask such an obvious question in such a reckless(?) manner.

Again, if one were being genuine and acting in good faith, it would be assumed one would at least take care to present such a question with more tact...such as "I assume you've already checked youtube using those terms?"...thus letting the OP know that you are not attempting to insult his intelligence by assuming he hadn't already looked in the most obvious place using the most obvious terms.

But what's more, again, if one were being genuine and acting in good faith, it begs the question as to why such a person wouldn't simply take the extra 15 seconds to look at the results himself and determine if it were a useful search, worthy of someone else performing.

It is for these reasons I inquired as to if you actually looked at your own link...as I honestly could not be sure.  If you had or if you hadn't, either way, your post is puzzling.  I hope this helps your comprehension.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,493 Posts
Points 39,355
Yes, I searched.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

John James:
[...] I seriously doubt you created that URL from scratch [...]

You are correct.

c) One also wonders why one wouldn't assume the OP hasn't already searched the most popular video repository in the world using the exact terms he used for the title of the entire thread.

**shruggs shoulders** maybe he forgot to check there or used different keywords.

[...] come off as insulting, and not in good faith [...]

[...] one wouldn't ask such an obvious question in such a reckless(?) manner.[...]

[...] at least take care to present such a question with more tact [...]

I'll remember these the next time you make a post.

[...] If you had or if you hadn't, either way, your post is puzzling. 

Such is life.

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS