Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

...rising population, global governance.

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515
Aristophanes Posted: Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:13 PM

Original article

Professor Anthony Barnosky, the lead author from the University of California, Berkeley, warns: ‘It really will be a new world, biologically, at that point.

‘The data suggests that there will be a reduction in biodiversity and severe impacts on much of what we depend on to sustain our quality of life, including, for example, fisheries, agriculture, forest products and clean water. This could happen within just a few generations.’

Absurd.  These people will not publish what needs to happen in order to prevent their scenario, in their world.  All they do is promote, in the most slight rhetoric possible, world government and worldwide economic planning.

Co-author Elizabeth Hadly from Stanford University said: ‘We may already be past these tipping points in particular regions of the world. I just returned from a trip to the high Himalayas in Nepal, where I witnessed families fighting each other with machetes for wood - wood that they would burn to cook their food in one evening.

‘In places where governments are lacking basic infrastructure, people fend for themselves, and biodiversity suffers. We desperately need global leadership for planet Earth.’

See how she led up to that world government plug with a huge appeal to emotion.  It is two fallacies, she set the stage.  She understands it is necessary to do so because of the ramifications of what they are talking about.

I figure some of you will watch this even if you don't like Tarpley. He talks about John Holders old book "Ecoscience."

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590

I just love these assumptions about present trends not being able to reverse themselves. no

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590

Also, apparently this whole overpopulation thing was already set to be pushed instead of "global warming" "climate change".

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Overpopulation and 'climate change' are said to be linked.  More people, more carbon, etc.

It is funny that Bill Gates will stand up and talk about...

...bringing population under control through "health care" and "vaccinations."  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the plan is.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

If this is true it only helps confirm my point that civilization is inherently unsustainable and downright evil will collapse sooner then later. Overpopulation will be used as an excuse to implement global population control and more state propped up monopolies. Big AG (green revolution) was created under the pretext of overpop and now we're seeing industrial ag ruin the soil and destroy itself.

My advice: escape civ and start hunting and gathering.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Thanks! I will! 

I can eat coon meat right?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

No way this is real, humanity isn't that crazy.

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Thanks! I will! 

I can eat coon meat right?

Go ahead but I don't eat meat. Meat causes cancer (read The China Study) and its a known fact humans didn't start eating meat until after ag.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

Freedom4Me73986:
and its a known fact humans didn't start eating meat until after ag.

I thought it was the other way around. Where did you get that from?

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Freedom4Me73986:
and its a known fact humans didn't start eating meat until after ag.

I thought it was the other way around. Where did you get that from?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Freedom4Me73986:

If this is true it only helps confirm my point that civilization is inherently unsustainable [...] (emphasis added)

Life is unsustainable; people die all the time from old age. Shorelines and mountains erode. Stars die out. Degradable stuff degrades. We're inherently screwed. What in this universe is sustainable?

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 2:53 AM

I advice these rocket scientists to take a trip to China in twenty or thirty years and witness firsthand the wonderful effects of population control by a strong leadership. This of course assuming we haven't gone to war with China in the meanwhile.

In fact, in rural areas you can see a few problems already: due to imbalance between males and females (and the fact many young women migrate at the first opportunity towards more developed areas), "wife merchants" are everywhere. There's no need to tell you what they do. And since Communist China doesn't have anything resembling our Western social security scams schemes, old parents have to rely on their sons. With just one child per family, even if he works a well paid job (for Chinese standards) in an industrial city, they just haven't got enough to scrap by since a single son can only contribute so much.

And another thing: Ludwig Von Mises said only a wealthy society can afford to think about the environment. Most people, brought up under a regime of strict environmentalist propaganda, fail to grasp the depth and lucidity of this phrase. What Mises understood is the farmer burning down a tract of forest to raise his crops or the Indio putting a tortoise in the pot to feed his family don't do this because they are inherently evil and hate Mother Nature. They do this because the alternative is to starve to death. To the Western mind, brought up to think the definition of deprivation is not being able to afford a large house or the latest cellphone, this is simply unfathomable. Dr Marc Van Roosmalen, one of the most talented and successful zoologists of our times and a leading figure in the conservation movement, shares Mises' thought. He had this to say "The government in Brazilia cuts down huge tracts of rainforest to feed the West's appetite for biofuel with the complicity of the green multinationals while they drag away in chains the Indio killing a deer to feed his family under the chhers of the green multinationals". Needless to say he's now a persona non grata in Brazil... 

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590

Kakugo:
And another thing: Ludwig Von Mises said only a wealthy society can afford to think about the environment. Most people, brought up under a regime of strict environmentalist propaganda, fail to grasp the depth and lucidity of this phrase. What Mises understood is the farmer burning down a tract of forest to raise his crops or the Indio putting a tortoise in the pot to feed his family don't do this because they are inherently evil and hate Mother Nature. They do this because the alternative is to starve to death. To the Western mind, brought up to think the definition of deprivation is not being able to afford a large house or the latest cellphone, this is simply unfathomable. Dr Marc Van Roosmalen, one of the most talented and successful zoologists of our times and a leading figure in the conservation movement, shares Mises' thought. He had this to say "The government in Brazilia cuts down huge tracts of rainforest to feed the West's appetite for biofuel with the complicity of the green multinationals while they drag away in chains the Indio killing a deer to feed his family under the chhers of the green multinationals". Needless to say he's now a persona non grata in Brazil...

In all honesty, I think some Western elites want the farmer and the Indio to starve to death.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 3:34 AM

Not only them, but all of us. Given the Brazilian government track record is only fitting these same elites meet in Rio de Janeiro to discuss how to make our lives more miserable than they are.

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS