Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What newspapers do you read?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705
fountainhead Posted: Wed, Aug 1 2012 5:19 PM

Just wondering what newspapers you guys read. Particularly, do you know of any Austrian/Libertarian-favorable ones? I generally follow the Wall Street Journal but they're a bit too hawkish for my taste. I also used to read the Economist but my impression is they seem to have turned more leftist lately. Anyway, curious to see where you guys go for news!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

I don't read much news. Just headlines on Yahoo, really :P

I mainly read Mises.org and occasionally the Freeman Online.

There is also the website http://www.libertariannews.org/, but that doesn't appear to be updated thaaat often (one recent post of theirs claimed that they might begin more often.

Also, Reddit does a decent job of bringing things to my attention if needed.

As to foreign policy, I'm an ignoramus on that topic, so I am not the best person to ask.

Oh, by the way, this summer in Bulgaria I went to the National Library and I found by chance a magazine called Foreign Affairs. The title that caught my attention was "Why Iran Should Get the Bomb" - provocative, no?

Flipping through some of their pages, it seemed like the magazine was worth looking into. I will actually start a new thread on this.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

I just read yahoo for a good laugh, then i go on ronpaul2012.com ronpaulflix.com then here.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,687
Points 48,995

Wheylous,

Foreign Affairs is a great magazine.  I've been subscribed to it for quite some time now, although I'm also subscribed to the New York Times.  I used to be subscribed to the Economist, but I stopped finding their stuff all that interesting.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:17 PM

@ Wheylous

Foreign Affairs -  

Journal of global current events, foreign policy, and international relations published by the Council on Foreign Relations.

Get your news straight from the belly of the beast.

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 907
Points 14,795

Funny, I usually do not read newspapers, but when I do, it's either WSJ or the Economist. Both are quite far from being libertarian, but I find it more thought-provoking than reading, e.g., the LRC log (having to form my own reuttal is more interesting than just nodding).

The Voluntaryist Reader - read, comment, post your own.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:45 PM

Lew's website is too radical for me :P

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

@Wheylous

The title that caught my attention was "Why Iran Should Get the Bomb" - provocative, no?

Very interesting, especially considering the source!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS