Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Let's officially become a think tank for TPTB

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff Posted: Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:30 PM

Given all of the ideas, guessing, critical thought, etc. and bat-poop crazy stuff we come up with, especially with regards to TPTB, and the fact that it's out there for TPTB to read, why don't we officially become a think tank for the TPTB?

Half the poop we write makes no sense to people who are non-us, but if we're correct, or at least, in the correct mode of analysis--even if we get the unknown facts incorrect, then TPTB could, would, and perhaps do use the poop we come up with for their world-domination plans.

The CFR, Rand Corp, et al are great at coming up with ideas, but only marginally. They pretty much only work off of what already is; that is, they device plans for the next step in the process. However, our people, especially Clayton, derive from the fundamentals; that is, praxeologically.

And if we are correct about anything, then we--given Clayton's insight that the TPTB are ancaps--must realize that TPTB are the ultimate praxeologists. They analyze how we analyze, except that they have been doing it for thousands of years and for evil purposes. It's the only way to explain their aptitude for corrupting knowledge and, thus, being able to enslave everyone.

It explains the book burnings, the massacring of millions of healthy subjects in wars, the making unhealthy of their subjects via medicine and non-primal foods; it explains how they keep their status as TPTB because it explains how they eliminate their competition.

Yes, I'm kinda going circular here, but we are what they need; so, let's make it official.

Okay, so I'm joking about officially becoming a think thank; however, I wouldn't be surprised if they did read us. Maybe their sons and daughters do. They must difinitely read Mises. But we shouldn't worry about actually giving TPTB any ideas and, thus, facilitating our own demise. As I once said to Daniel James Sanchez, "You don't need to read Mises to be an Austrian economist." They don't need us.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:58 PM

I'm out of the loop, TPTB?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

The Powers That Be.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 11:53 PM

In a way, we could and are (whoever "we" may be).  Leaving other conflicting ideologies aside, we understand, know, and can predict the moves based on experience of the current establishments.  For the econ side we know what works and what doesn't, and we theorize and publish what will happen based on their moves, but we're able to do this because we understand how they work.  Probably better than anyone else.  If someone is going to be against something you have to understand it, and I can say that in some odd way we understand it so much that theoretically we could be better statist than themselves.

Whether jokingly or not, we could establish a think-tank in regards TPTB.  Literally a blue print for statism in regards to current affairs, and put it right out in the open.  Difference between let's say the people at the LvMI and conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones is that most of the time Alex Jones hits a vague target, he's right, but he couldn't predict it step by step or what exactly would happen.  I think his own bias clogs how to understand it in a praxeological manner.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

Who do you guys think I am?

*sheds skin to reveal reptile self*

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

The whole point of Austrian econ is you dont need econ, or "intellectuals" for that matter.  That undermines much of what TPTB does in order to stay in power.

As Mises points out: education is essentially priestly, passive, conservative, and propaganda of whomever is in power.  At best we could describe what it takes to be a "power".

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:31 AM

They don't need us.

True dat. Praxeology is not an empirical science but the empirical method will discover its principles all the same. Look at Soviet Russia. The fact is that the elites have been running the show for millenia and are "empirical praxeologists" - they understand human nature because they've been pushing its buttons for thousands of years.

I do think TPTB track these and all other quasi-dissident forums but I don't think anyone who is actually a member of the elite could be bothered unless they had an independent interest in economics for its own sake. I've noticed that certain forums have a tendency to attract disinfo agents of varying calibers of quality. Most of them are "noise agents"... they just spew random crap to inject noise on the line, distracting people from any kind of substantial discussion of issues. Others are more like what I would call "chameleon agents"... they are trying to actually mimic the ideas held by certain sects on the forums, to varying degrees of success. We have at least one such agent who frequents these forums, though I will not name names.

Then I'm sure there are lurkers who just browse forums and take notes. Most of it goes nowhere, not even a file.

All-in-all, I think TPTB are an ineradicable enemy, kind of like an intestinal parasite... if you kill it, you will die, too. There is no way around them. The only way to "win", that is, to be really free in life, is to achieve wealth and marry in, even if it takes a few generations. That's basically what the Rockefellers did. Now they are the Elites. So it's no use to dedicate oneself to fighting them; and the worst choice you can make is to willingly serve them. Instead, you have to find a middle ground of inner peace and emotional immobility. Originary secession (h/t Hulsmann) is the correct answer. Organizing just gives them a target and if there's one thing that the warrior elites can do, it's hit a target.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:44 AM

Who do you guys think I am?

*sheds skin to reveal reptile self*

I literally lol'd! Awesome!

I found a picture of you:

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 12:53 AM

To extend along the lines of OP a little further, I think we could benefit from trying to set up a "guerilla network" of freedom ideas. In a sense, this is what LvMI and her sister organizations around the globe are. Small groups of individuals with an abiding interest in these topics who act as "repeaters" to the more casually interested individuals who come and go. That's a powerful model.

But - especially with the Internet - you don't even have to have brick-and-mortar institutions and organizations. Forums, email networks, etc. there are a zillion ways to organize and spread "the Truth" and to encourage individuals to take the plunge into originary secession. It's easier than believing in Jesus - just simply promise yourself never to obey another statutory law which you do not find binding on your own conscience and your own understanding of common sense law (customary law) except as a matter of prudence, promise never to respect another police officer or other official of the State except out of a calculation to avoid unnecessary hassle, and so on.

When you're finished, you've joined the Evil Cult of Anti-Statists Bent on Taking Over the World and Corrupting it with Free Markets, Voluntary Association, Mutual Respect, Individual Responsibility, and All-Round Moral Decency, aka the ECASBTOWCFMVAMRIRARMD... an acronym soon to send bigger chills down the spine of CIA than its kept attack dog, al-Qaeda.

Clayton -

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I like the idea of setting up a mini think tank for article-type and length publications and discussions on various topic, but all having to do with TPTB. Clayton's already got the ball rolling with his recent threads on shootings, TPTB, etc., but those threads get lost in the forums as newer ones get created.

I think we'd be filling a void in an area that needs much more study; but we'd be publishing stuff that would be too far out for even LRC because we'd be free to let our imaginations and instincts run wild; we'd go down those rabbit holes that would be cut from publication on other sites.

However, I don't like the idea of setting up a whole new portal with new accounts, etc. to manage this. What do y'all think about setting up one of those Mises.org forum groups or creating a new forum subject in the forums?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 149
Points 2,855

Y'all really think "the powers that be" are interested in what people on the mises forums are saying? Or that you can predict and understand better than anyone else in the world what is happening? 

Is this some kind of libertarian fanfic or something? 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:13 AM

Dude, have you ever been to any Illuminati circles? Mises.org is a big deal there.

Also, Daniel, I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea... That is to say I'm totally indifferent to it because TPTB is not my thing. I do think that it's a horrible idea for it to have any association whatsoever with any libertarian website.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 165
Points 2,745

TPTB don't really need a think-tank to tell them how to rule the world. TPTB are TPTB because they are already adept at it. Anyone with some creativity, critical thinking skills, and time on their hands could come up with plans for world domination that are practical, the only difference is actually having the resources to put it into action. The conspiracy theorists theorize about how TPTB are going to gain greater control, TPTB don't just theorize, they set things in motion with their vast amounts of resources.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:52 PM
Its easy, just sign up

http://forecastwe.org/

Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS