Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Freedom Quotes...

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 256
Points 5,630
Al_Gore the Idiot Posted: Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:28 AM

When there is state there can be no freedom, but when there is freedom there will be no state. - Lenin

If any foreign minister begins to defend to the death a "peace conference," you can be sure his government has already placed its orders for new battleships and airplanes. - Stalin

Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be "discovered" by an election. - Hitler

Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it. - Woodrow Wilson

An almost hysterical antagonism toward the gold standard is one issue which unites statists of all persuasions. They seem to sense... that gold and economic freedom are inseparable. - Alan Greenspan

Politics is when you say you are going to do one thing while intending to do another. Then you do neither what you said nor what you intended. - Saddam Hussein

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power. - Benito Mussolini

The revolution is a dictatorship of the exploited against the exploiters. - Fidel Castro

I cannot recognise either the Palestinian state or the Israeli state. The Palestinians are idiots and the Israelis are idiots. - Gaddafi

Every effort needs to be made to try and offset the costs of Katrina and Rita by reductions in other government programs, especially those that are wasteful, duplicative and ineffective.  - Ben Bernanke

The day I made that statement, about the inventing the internet, I was tired because I'd been up all night inventing the Camcorder. - Al Gore

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975
John Ess replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 10:51 AM

2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 11 have nothing to do with freedom.

The first was not necessarily promoting such absence of the state, but is a cynical admission of the necessity of control and lack of freedom under the Leninist state.  And that freedom and lack of state is only an eschatology as reward for the current sacrifice.

the tenth could mean a temporary solution, or an increase in government power elsewhere.  It also differentiates 'wasteful' from unwasteful.  Which means the government is unwasteful in some cases.  Or that it can be made to be such.  What is really at issue is not then freedom, but the amount of 'waste' instead of the amount of control.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS