Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Abortion Problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 73
Points 2,395
LandJ Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:24 PM

I believe in the right of abortion. It is woman's body and she does it as she wishes.

However, either fetus or a more grown baby (still inside the womb), aren't they different bodies? If yes, doesn't that make the abortion, the intervention of the woman in other bodies without consent?

How can we justify, that the baby has its right on life only when it comes out from its mother?

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

Maybe you cant. Maybe the mother has a right to her own body but does not own another human.

If a fetus is not human, then what is it?

Im personally against abortion, but i admit that passing a law against it wont solve anything. People that want abortions will just get them whether the law says yes or no.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 496
Points 8,945

sure you should make a law making it illegal.  If you think a fetus is a human than you should stand up for what you believe in!

maybe kelvin it can be illegal with no punishment.  Let society gets some free market morals again and maybe a little accountability.

With modern contraception no one should be getting knocked up unless they want to.  Its unacceptable to nonchalantly have so much promiscuity and not have the decency to WRAP THAT RASCAL!

They should also stop forcing men to foot the bill for every kid that women decide to birth.  The cliche 'its takes two to tengo' is a load of crap.  Only one of us can get knocked up.  Only one is accountable to carrying a child to birth.

AND WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE A PILL FOR MEN!  Some doctor needs to hurry up and make something to protect our gender from blood sucking judge and tramps.

Eat the apple, fuck the Corps. I don't work for you no more!
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:14 PM

I am not going to go over my opinion, which has been stated repeatedly around here, but I will point out Block's evictionism.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 496
Points 8,945

I think we brushed on this a little in the past, but what about laws of giving an eviction notice.

A landlord has to give a written notice of say 60 days to evict WITHOUT cause.  Then the tenant has a right to a defense.  If the case is won (by the landlord) in court you still dont have a right to physically move someone out of your property.   A court judgement must be given to local law enforcement who then gives a time frame to leave the property.  Also there are many laws protecting evicting mentally incompetent.

Eat the apple, fuck the Corps. I don't work for you no more!
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS