Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Download whole of Human Action? How?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 80
Walter Bruning posted on Tue, Aug 28 2012 12:45 PM

I have a very fast Internet connection and could download the whole of Human Action narrated by Jeff Riggenbach rather than take the time to download each of the segments.  Is there a complete download of the book?  I have the hard copy scholar's edition but I also would like to listen to what I have read to help me absorb it better.

Any help would be appreciated(if this has been dealt with already I am sorry for asking again but I don't know how to search very well.)

Walter

All Replies

Not Ranked
60 Posts
Points 840

If you use firefox, you can install the add on Download Them All to download the contents, with one click and in a few seconds, of this link:

http://media.mises.org/mp3/audiobooks/Mises/HumanAction/

Probably there is similar freeware out there for internet explorer as well. Maybe someone else can say.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 80

Perfect!  I have Down Them All and just got the whole thing.  I could not find the file listing you provided.  The website ought to indicate where that is.  I looked pretty long and hard and could not find a way.  What is the trick?  Something about html pages you could share?

Thanks!

Walter

Not Ranked
60 Posts
Points 840

I found it by luck.

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 80

As the great Giant pitcher of yore, Lefty Gomez, once said, "I'd rather be lucky than good."

Next problem.  So I ordered the files on my iPod according to their number.  However, when I unplug the iPod and open the playlist they are all scrambled!  Cannot figure this thing out.  Any ideas on that one?   I realize it is not a Mises problem but an Apple one but I beg your indulgence.

Thank you.

Walter

Top 10 Contributor
6,953 Posts
Points 118,135

Walter Bruning:
Next problem.  So I ordered the files on my iPod according to their number.  However, when I unplug the iPod and open the playlist they are all scrambled!  Cannot figure this thing out.  Any ideas on that one?   I realize it is not a Mises problem but an Apple one but I beg your indulgence.

What exactly do you mean you "ordered" the files?  You just dragged them into the place order in the file list in your itunes window?  I bet if you edit the info details on them and identify the track numbers, the order will stay the way you want it.  You'll have to do it one by one, but I guess that's the price you pay for doing the "download them all" thing from the page.

Again, I just used the iTunes U page and download books directly that way.  Never had any trouble with the order.

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 80

I found a way to do it.  I moved by drag and drop about 15 at a time.  If was easy to order them in the folder on my desktop but if I tried to drag the whole bunch to the iPod they looked okay in iTunes, but they were scrambled on the iPod.  Don't know why.  The tracks are all numbered and it should work but didn't.  Cutting it up into smaller chunks worked fine.  I am about to go for a drive and listen to Jeff read the most important book I have ever read!  I find that reading and listening really cements this stuff into my tired old head.

Thanks to all for the help.

Walter

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS