Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Can someone explain this to me?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi Posted: Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:02 PM
Why would they make a known homosexual be a spy and then ambassador to a muslim country? If you dont know what I am talking about do a search on "Ambassador Chris Stevens"

my guess was "trying to build bridges." but then I thought that maybe that was like eating cow shit for the flavor. So I am thinking they were just too culturally unaware to know any better?

Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

haha I didn't know that.

they were just too culturally unaware to know any better?

The State Dept. and the CIA use some of their research money on Anthropological research.  They know well and exploit cultural things such as this.  Shit, the CIA cultivates tribal level neurolinguistic propaganda.  You cannot introduce foreign concepts to a culture that doesn't have phonetic representations for the ideas you are trying to convey, after all...

You gonna need get to know they language and its structure from the inside out.

When that CNN woman got raped, ahem, sexually assaulted in Egypt during the Arab Spring I wondered to myself why CNN would send a barbie looking busty blonde woman to a place like that.  Her being raped, ahem, sexually assaulted is almosted expected.

I know, I know, I'm so narrow minded for thinking that.  How culturally insensitive I am.  Not to theirs, but to our own...

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:20 PM
I agree they have the money and ought to know better. What I want to know is why they did not. There are a number of mysterious things about ambassador stevens death and one of them is the question of why he was chosen for the job in the first place. Was this a preplanned murder made convenient by the fact that the culture provided a ready-made excuse? Somehow? He did know too much, at any rate.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

I agree they have the money and ought to know better. What I want to know is why they did not. There are a number of mysterious things about ambassador stevens death and one of them is the question of why he was chosen for the job in the first place. Was this a preplanned murder made convenient by the fact that the culture provided a ready-made excuse? Somehow? He did know too much, at any rate.

I...would....doubt that.  The State Dept. probably didn't think the warnings they got prompted an evacuation of the embassy as in Syria.  Killing an ambassador is a good way to signal that they hate his policy.  We won't interpret it that way, of course.

I remember Hugo Chavez on TV asking Obama to appoint Noam Chomsky to ambassador of/for Venzuela.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 8:08 PM
He wasnt killed in the embassy. He was sent to benghazi for a cultural event, where he was the target/victim of an apprehension raid. The us govt had no information on his whereabouts for approximately 6 hours, during which time he was assaulted and murdered, and potentially sexually assaulted. If this was just a foul-up of immense proportions, secstate and about 2 dozen other people need to resign/get fired and probably prosecuted. This is my mainstream face.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

He was sent to benghazi for a cultural event, where he was the target/victim of an apprehension raid.  The us govt had no information on his whereabouts for approximately 6 hours, during which time he was assaulted and murdered, and potentially sexually assaulted.

Ooohh, shit.  I didn't know any of that.  I'll look into it a bit more...

If this was just a foul-up of immense proportions, secstate and about 2 dozen other people need to resign/get fired and probably prosecuted. This is my mainstream face.

Fat chance.  Most of the people in charge for 9/11 got promoted.  After all, they did an excellent job.

EDIT: [view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snhey1JVq5M&feature=player_embedded#!]

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:02 PM
That address is bunk.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

It worked for me.  But yeah this one's better.  The first is bunk.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 275
Points 4,000
HabbaBabba replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 10:11 PM

Obviously, Jason Bourne broke through all the security effed the guy up, set the place on fire and then went after Treadstone. But not before stopping to spy on Pamela Landey. She looked tired.

Then, these fellas just found the ambassador and tried to help:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/17/world/middleeast/video-appears-to-show-libyans-retrieving-envoys-body.html?_r=2

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS