Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Pinch me. Gary Johnson... files Antitrust lawsuit against debates?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

This should come as no surprise. The USA now has the mentality that Italy had back in the 1940s. We just have to keep on moving "Forward!".

Anyone see what I did there?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 134
Points 2,155
Bill replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:54 AM

I think Gary Johnson should run his own debate with two empty chairs or better yet card board cut outs of Obama and Romney. Nope on second thought I'm thinkin a puppet show. The guys from Goldman Sachs can pull the strings and answer the questions for their Obama/ Romney dolls.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

I'd prefer he gets in to the actual debates, but if it comes to what you are talking about, let's have him debate an empty chair and an empty suit.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

If anyone hears any progress on this please post it, I will also be on the look out for any progress.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

If that's true, then it's obvious he just wants power or needs to lay off the pot.  Running in an election is not an inherent right and he should know that.

I'll read both links later if I remember to.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

@ Wheylous

Wow, just read that. I think we really need to quit putting our faith in the LP. It's like Konkin said, the Party is simply an attempt to absorb libertarianism in the thick dark cloud of statism.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 75
dsailer replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:40 PM

The question is whether it's possible to be libertarian and an American political candidate concurrently. If your answer is no, then don't run. Otherwise it seems like you may need to sacrifice principals to fight the devil. Rothbard may be correct about this though in that you can't survive such an endevor.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS