Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

My LibertyHQ idea

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:22 PM

So for LibertyHQ I am planning on having two main things on the front page (for now).

One is gonna be a "Featured Articles" section which will be very similar to the Mises Dailies - I will be linking to good articles that either already exist or to new articles that are created specifically for the site.

The second will be a "Pulse" or "The Pulse of Liberty" type thing where I include liberty-related news Wenzel-style. If you'd been to the Economic Policy Journal, you'll know what I mean - Just news articles about economics, politics, current events, science, etc. that would be of interest to libertarians. They will be less formal than the Featureds and will include videos as well - like Woods or Muprhy or Kokesh doing cool stuff. Maybe even event summaries or updates on campaigns on people like Johnson or other liberty candidates. Surely I will include interesting blogs posts by libertarians.

I'd love to feature the blog posts that Marko is looking to get together either in the Pulse section or in the Featured section.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:43 PM

Bump. Thoughts, guys?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Sounds good. I would also suggest that in the future, you put out a solid quarterly or monthly magazine, or at least a newsletter. Libertarians need to get more tangible goods out there. The web is great, but we need something for the folks who like solid stuff.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Personally I'd like to see a revival of Benjamin Tucker's Liberty.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:55 PM

That would either be a project that can be planned through the website's activism platform I am developing or it would be a separate project. It sounds nice, but it's not my field. I would certainly cooperate, though.

For tangible stuff, consider the Independent Review.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:56 PM

Also, I'm looking for volunteers to test run LibertyHQ as features are being added on. I've almost completed basic messaging and list-creation functionality.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Well...writing and filmmaking is kind of what I want to get into...so if you ever decide you want to do that, I'd appreciate it if you...*ahem* reserve me a position

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Oh, and why the Independent Review? Why not Reason Magazine?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:32 PM

Oh, didn't know they had a magazine.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

r u srs?

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

I didnt know they had a magazine either.

I might as well be ordering it then.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS