Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Israel >>>>>>> Palestine

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 1,255
greenbabe Posted: Fri, Oct 5 2012 2:50 AM

I sympathized with both sides until 9/11. When the Palestinians unanimously cheered at the murder of so many innocent people I made my decision - Israel is right, they are surrounded by primitive savages, and the world needs to remember that.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

Seriously, do we need another thread about this topic?

Do you have to use >>>> in the topic title ?

Do you think I care on an economic focussed forum what you think about isreal?

You didn't even have much to say, just your opinion about isreal. Please put more effort in to your threads.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 305
Points 7,165

Primitive savages? Palestine is nothing more than a product of isolationism. I'll admit that fundamental Islam may not be compatible with peaceful free markets simply because of their authoritarian underpinnings, but this is only exacerbated by foreign presences. 

Market isolation --> Lack of opportunity/education --> Cyclical poverty cycles --> Instability --> Hostility --> "Better bomb them"

Also this is rather inconsistent with the normal trollings--shouldn't you be pro Palestine?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

Do you think I care on an economic focussed forum what you think about isreal?

To be fair, we discuss political theory broadly

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

Under the latest report by the Fraser Institute Israel ranks 52nd in the world in economic freedom, next to Central American 'bastions of freedom' like Nicaragua (tied for 52nd), Guatemala (55th), El Salvador (56th), and Honduras (tied for 52nd).

Middle Eastern countries like Bahrain (7th), the United Arab Emirates (11th), Qatar (17th), Kuwait (19th), Oman (20th), and Jordan, (23rd) are all more economically free than Israel. 

Why is it that the alledged barbarians are more free than glorious Israel?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,258
Points 34,610
Anenome replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:13 PM

Michelangelo:

Why is it that the alledged barbarians are more free than glorious Israel?

You have to ask yourself what regulations actually are. They are a way for the ruling oligarchy to extract money out of the population.

Most arab countries have little need for this since their golden goose is the pond of oil they walk on. Israel however, like most western nations, extracts money from legitimate business within their bounds, thus we should expect a tougher regulatory climate. No contradiction at all.

Autarchy: rule of the self by the self; the act of self ruling.
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

I wish theyd just stop killing each other. I hate it when people talk about, country X > y, like its a fucking football game or another sport. Its people's lives we are talking about here. No matter what religion, no matter whether they are red, white, blue or brown, they should just stop killing each other.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 80
Points 1,510
Mike99 replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:34 PM

Have you seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98JDKB-Qmxs

And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3jtxT9wOo8

Get to the part where the journalists are apologising straight up for lying and causing the start of a war. You know I could find any crazy group of people to jump around and cheer and burn a flag. I could pay them, maybe they are just crazy, so now you condemn a whole people to genocide.

For the record I don't think any countries political regime is representative of the people of that country.

have you seen this for one example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYjuUoEivbE

These wars and atrocities are just a few lunatics and their media system who propagate most of this stuff - and of course the zombie followers who dance around on both sides of the fence. Meanwhile the children suffer, which is the real point most fail to see, too busy fighting.

Oh and read my avatar. The enemy is closer to home, although, have you seen THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZSzdQuOqM

And at the top of the pyramid, there are no nations, only elite money interests, and they don't have national loyalties, that's just a fact. Nationalistic terms are redundant when it comes to discussing these things. It's about who is being manipulated to hurt who and why. Historical nonsense and religious fanaticism is just a tool of the manipulators. Otherwise it has no purpose in reality.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:42 PM

Can't we all just agree that they're both pretty terrible? I also have to say that inevitably a lot of Palestine's problems as they exist can be put down to the action of Israel, but at the same time judging by the state of other Arabic countries there seems to be little reason to be little reason to believe that things would have been that much better in the absence of Israel.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 80
Points 1,510
Mike99 replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:44 AM

I take no sides but the side of the children. However, in the case of Palestine it's pretty clear they have no army, no resources, and are being genocided. There's plenty of evidence and testimony and coverage of this in the alternative media. Nobody is justifying aggression against Israel - the point is, no one is justifying aggression against *anyone*. Especially kids.

But in favour of balance, I can't resist posting this. It is just a window into the bias and some of the nonsensical irrational insanity that goes on. People need to grow up. Those people live there, you can't come and claim their land on some Bible story. It's just a pragmatic thing. You can't hate people and use anti-semitsim to genocide someone else now.

Again, it should not need to be said, people should nto be so sensitive - I'm not saying they are here, but just in case, this has nothing to do with taking sides of Israel or Palestine or anyone else, I view this as a human thing. One group is justifying aggression against another. Two wrongs don't make a right. Anyway, check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AiijlI9bq4E

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS