Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Meningitis down due to mass vaccination campaign

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840
vive la insurrection Posted: Sat, Oct 6 2012 12:03 PM

http://www.who.int/immunization/newsroom/newsstory_fall_cases_meninigitis_A/en/index.html

Enjoy

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 4,920
Prime replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 12:34 PM

There must have been a major sanitation effort and better nutritional intake at exactly the same time.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 275
Points 4,000

How many cases were there before? They said a... Wait, world health organization? I thought this was serious.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

massive amounts: with a catastrophic outbreak occuring as recently as '96

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=meningitis+deaths+in+africa&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=804&tbm=isch&tbnid=5fD0z2IEjtX87M:&imgrefurl=http://www.cdc.gov/fungal/cryptococcosis-neoformans/screening.html&docid=V238d--xuZL8OM&imgurl=http://www.cdc.gov/fungal/images/cryptococcal_meningitis_africa-2.jpg&w=500&h=340&ei=x3BwUKSZIcSyyAGf04BA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=593&vpy=305&dur=1328&hovh=185&hovw=272&tx=136&ty=106&sig=113638252321121540576&page=1&tbnh=134&tbnw=197&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:95

Worse is that a bacterial form of it can cause epidemics.

The good news is, the major form of the bacteria that has caused a headache in africa has been isolated because it is a bacteria - so it can be controlled with vaccination.  And a fairly cheap vaccination, backed with a lot of Bill Gate's money

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:03 PM
They are keenly aware, however, that achievement of this goal is dependent on mobilization of a further US$ 375 million.
love that free money! Poison as many africans as possible at taxpayer expense, its like ultimate evil. Thank you so much for posting this.
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:07 PM
backed with a lot of Bill Gate's money
http://www.naturalnews.com/029911_vaccines_Bill_Gates.html

definitely not someone whom I would allow to put a needle inside me. But its a personal decision, right?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 4,920
Prime replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:09 PM

Malachi:
Poison as many africans as possible at taxpayer expense, its like ultimate evil. Thank you so much for posting this.

Do you have some information on how poisonous this particular vaccine is? Or do you just know that all vaccines are poison? Also, do you deny that this particular vaccine may be beneficial?
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:10 PM

I can't say I really understand where people are coming from in this thread. More people are getting vaccinated, albeit by a state organization, and less people are dying. Just because it is state action doesn't mean it can't have positive effects

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 275
Points 4,000

Actually, no. Read the link.

"More than one million cases of meningitis have been reported in Africa since 1988. In 1996–1997, one of the largest epidemic waves ever recorded in history swept across Africa, causing more than 250,000 cases and 25,000 deaths."

"Will this vaccine protect against all types of meningitis?
No, MenAfriVac will only protect again disease caused by the group A meningococcus—the main cause of meningitis epidemics in Africa, accounting for about 80 to 85 percent of all cases. Meningitis cases caused by other groups, such as W135, X and C, also occur. Vaccines for other groups are either not yet available (X) or far too expensive for African countries (C, W, or Y in various combinations). However, it is hoped that a combination of ongoing research and development efforts and tiered pricing will contribute to making these vaccines available to developing countries in the future."

Hmm.. But vive's second link said something about 540'000 a year. There couldn't possibly be any discrepancies though. This is vaccines we're talking about. And look who the sources are! World health organization and the CDC! As mentioned, there's $375 million at stake, in that one group alone. Billions are spent, of course they're saving the world. Just double the budget and mission accomplished... By 2020, or so.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 4,920
Prime replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:24 PM

"The first vaccine designed specifically for Africa, MenAfriVac was developed by MVP—a partnership between the Seattle-based nonprofit PATH and WHO—through an innovative vaccine development model spanning four continents. The vaccine costs less than one-tenth the US$500 million usually required to develop and bring a new vaccine to market"

This line really stuck out to me. Perhaps this can be used as criticism of the FDA if this vaccine does turn out to be beneficial.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:26 PM
This particular vaccine might be beneficial, thats certainly possible. Immunizations have been used successfully for over a millenium. But its not benign. Vaccines are a means of population control and some vaccines are harmful, yet the vaccine lobby wont even acknowledge this and work with the consumer to make a better product. Instead the push is on for more vaccines, for stricter mandates regarding vaccines, vaccinating children at ever earlier ages, its a pathology, and its all subsidized. Even if you dismiss the obvious evidence of "people trying to kill off the 'ignorant masses'" theres tremendous moral hazard and caveat emptor should apply. Immunization was produced by the free market, its only vaccines that are pushed by the state, dontchaknow
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:28 PM
@Neodoxy, what do think about the TED talk where Bill Gates mentions vaccines as a means of population control?
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:32 PM

Malachi,

"Vaccines are a means of population control"

What makes you say this? Are you talking about population control from the point of view from the opposite of what it normally means? I.E enlarging the population? I'm just used to seeing the word used to mean shrinking or stagnating the population, which disease does, rather than enlarging the population, which presumably vaccines do.

Habbababba,

The section you cites states that the vaccine helps to defend against over four fifths of all meningitis cases, what isn't positive about that?

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:38 PM
The TED talk I referenced where Bill Gates says vaccines are a means of population control is a good example of this. We are all using the term in its conventional sense, to denote the shrinking of the population.
The section you cites states that the vaccine helps to defend against over four fifths of all meningitis cases, what isn't positive about that?
ever hear of a sucker ambush? Its when you do something to convince the targets of the ambush that the "kill zone" (in this case, the pointy end of a needle) is a really good place to be.
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:47 PM

Malachi,

I'm afraid that I find the article you cited to be without merit. I am immediately skeptical of anything so conspiratorial and I find the article without sufficient evidence and with sufficient logical gaps to discard it altogether. As soon as he cited what he thought that those who would be killing of millions would be saying and then stated that they were their words I lost interest. I also think that the idea that the U.S would attempt to reduce medical costs by killing off large amounts of the population is ridiculous.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 4,920
Prime replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:50 PM

@Habbabba

Vive's second link was about Cryptococus deaths. It has nothing to do with the meningitis A vaccine. He shouldn't have even  posted it

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:50 PM
What about the TED talk? Did you bother to watch it? Or do you think Bill Gates misspoke?

do you really think the idea of a global elite conspiring to kill millions of people is not even worth considering, without first considering it? What particularly would lead to such a conclusion? Epistemologically, what would lead you to such a conclusion? Concerns of efficiency?

http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-the-georgia-guidestones/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 275
Points 4,000

@Prime

Exactly.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:59 PM

Malachi,

I did not but I will when I have a little bit more time. With this said I don't think that it will change my point of view. Secret societies with the power to kill off a sixth of the world's population without anyone noticing don't let stuff slip over a TED talk, that's the primary indicator to me.

Furthermore I don't think that it would necessarily suit their ends and I find it hard to believe that they would be capable of first of all keeping such a secret, and second of all maintaining their own will to continue with the plan when the entirety of traditional values oppose them.

EDIT

I also don't believe that they would be motivated to do it over healthcare expenditures.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 2:34 PM
I did not but I will when I have a little bit more time. With this said I don't think that it will change my point of view. Secret societies with the power to kill off a sixth of the world's population without anyone noticing don't let stuff slip over a TED talk, that's the primary indicator to me.
sounds like an awfully big assumption if you ask me. Its kind of hard to pull off big plans without getting the word out somehow. And, at present they do not have the power to kill of 1/6 of the worlds population, not the right people, and not without positively pyrrhic reprecussions. This is the preparation stage for the big kill, or the long slow kill, or the infertility epidemic. And if these people are experienced planners, which they are, they probably have all three on the drawing board.
Furthermore I don't think that it would necessarily suit their ends and I find it hard to believe that they would be capable of first of all keeping such a secret, and second of all maintaining their own will to continue with the plan when the entirety of traditional values oppose them.
I think its a pretty stupid plan, and prone to backfire, and likely wont do anything positive but result in at minimum doubling of the cost of labor worldwide. But that doesnt change evidence that no one has been able to successfully counter. Vaccines are known to contain all sorts of nasty things, toxic heavy metals, abortificants derived from human tissue, and chopped up microbes. There are a lot of things that can go wrong, that you dont get with the superficial "weakened or dead strain" cover story that seems so benign. Like I said, I'm not opposed to immunizations per se. You need to do your own research into the powers that be and their agenda, since this all seems too incredible to believe for you. As far as the part about keeping secrets, I'm really glad you said that because you yourself have revealed the cognitive dissonance of the position you hold. First you say they are so good at keeping secrets that they wouldnt possibly deliberately divulge such a thing at a semi-public gathering of the elites, then you say they couldnt keep it secret when its manifestly an open secret anyway. At least you havent committed the second fallacy, where legitimate sources are defined by whether they agree with you or not. I hope you dont take any of this as abusive, youre obviously a very smart individual and youre well-read, youre not very well informed on this subject, probably because you are too young. I was like you once, I was young, but I dont trust those people anymore, and neither should you.
I also don't believe that they would be motivated to do it over healthcare expenditures.
I tend to agree with that. Its ideological and control-based. A large population is too difficult to control, especially with technological connectivity.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

Vive's second link was about Cryptococus deaths. It has nothing to do with the meningitis A vaccine. He shouldn't have even  posted it

whoops got my links mixed up, i'm very busy.  Either way only a total of 8 Men A related deaths within the vaccinated area's upon the 1st study in july. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/14/health/14global.html?_r=0

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 358
Points 8,245

Is there a good, quick primer on the anti-vaccination position? Does it apply to all vaccines, or just certain ones? I was pressured to get a flu shot at work. I refused because 1. I have never gotten the flu and 2. I don't know how pure/safe the vaccine is. I understand the reason behind refusing unnecessary medical treatments, but is there something specific with regard to vaccinations?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 5:53 PM
Scrooge McDuck:

Is there a good, quick primer on the anti-vaccination position? Does it apply to all vaccines, or just certain ones? I was pressured to get a flu shot at work. I refused because 1. I have never gotten the flu and 2. I don't know how pure/safe the vaccine is.

Congratulations, you have finished chapter 1 of the primer, which is "Be Mindful of what you put inside your body, and if in doubt abstain." thisis the first thing, is my default position is not allowing other people to penetrate my body unless they have a really good reason. I insist on verifying this reason myself.
I understand the reason behind refusing unnecessary medical treatments, but is there something specific with regard to vaccinations?

First of all, vaccines are a subset of inoculations. Did you know that people used to buy smallpox blisters in order to expose themselves to smallpox to get inoculated? Over a thousand years ago, they did. Theres a long history of these types of things, even your own gut flora attempts opportunistic parasitism and thereby trains your immune system. So you have to look at each individual drug as something different, every single different compound is potentially different when it metabolizes.

Secondly, vaccines contain all sorts of stuff, its not just a "weakened or dead strain" like they say. Theres preservatives, which sometimes has mercury. Theres other drugs they put in there to prepare the microbe, make it stronger, weaker, whatever some guy in a white lab coat dreamed up. Sometimes there is actual human tissue, abortificants, which is extremely creepy and disgusting, so it makes me wonder why I'm supposed to be the weirdo when I dont want someone sticking me with a needle full of dead babies, toxic heavy metals, and anthrax. So heres the problem, you breach the body in an unnatural manner, so you get a jump on the immune system (this only applies to hypodermic needle vaccines and iv administered drugs). Then you stimulate an immune response...to human tissue, among other things. And scientists insist theres not an autoimmune link, because if they acknowledged the possibility, then the game would be up. Which is why they extort silence from the families who win judgments in secret vaccine court. now I dont take anything anymore, I have probably had between 50 and 100 exposures and no injury yet, so I'm done with mainstream medical roulette. If for some reason you feel you have to get something, like overseas travel, or youre in the military, well good luck and I will pray for you. Research that specific vaccine first. Theres been a publicity-bomb on this issue, thanks to bill gates, so its a little harder to find good info, but its not impossible. But here is the searchable government database of some of the people who have been injured or killed with vaccines: http://medalerts.org/

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 496
Points 8,945

yep and the shot only costed me 144$$$$.  F that.

Eat the apple, fuck the Corps. I don't work for you no more!
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 6:21 PM
Hey, you can still have kids, be happy!

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2004/mar/04031101.html

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 358
Points 8,245

Thanks Malachi.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:13 PM
You are quite welcome, sir.
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:02 PM
Page 1 of 1 (28 items) | RSS