Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Speech I recently wrote

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285
SkepticalMetal Posted: Sat, Oct 6 2012 6:19 PM

A few minutes ago I posted this video to YouTube. It's a speech I wrote a couple days ago entitled "The Tyranny of Gun Control." By the way, I apologize if I trip over a few words. I'm not too good in front of a camera or a microphone (and I don't care for the sound of my voice when it's played back, either).

Tell me what you think.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Oh and also, that's the only picture I put in the video, so...it's really just audio.

But please, tell me what you think.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

Your voice was deeper than i thought..

Good speech though. I think that you should emphasize more on the right to own any object you want instead of a constitution.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Thanks.

But yeah, the one thing I didn't mention was that this was originally for a contest on constitutional knowledge, until I found out that it didn't actually require a speech.

So naturally I couldn't say stuff like "anarchism is the way to go."

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 5,505
TronCat replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 8:16 PM

You're 14!? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Why is that so surprising?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Oh and Silva, why did you already have expectations about my voice?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 5,505
TronCat replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:34 PM

You sound much older, and most 14-year-olds I know are dumb as all fuck, or just really annoying. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Seriously? Every time I play back my voice, I feel like everyone who listens to it will think I'm eleven.

And yes, many people who are of my age level are, indeed, morons.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

I'm only 15 around your age.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Libertarianism does seem to attract many young people. I was first introduced to the idea by Ron Paul, a guy who I really do give credit for making it mainstream. I've been thinking this way for as long as I can remember, but I never knew how to categorize it before I actually paid attention to Paul (I saw him a couple of times back in '08, but I was 10 back then and...was one of the ones blinded by the censorship of him).

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:08 PM

SkepticalMetal,

Your video reminds me of some of the videos that I tried to make back in the day, but I was always too self concious to post them. I thought it was decent although too rigid and uncomfortable for the content and context, some of your doubt comes through.

Libertarian rhetoric and worldview plays right up the alley of most young people. It's an immensely popular ideology among the young like nothing else is... It's also odd seeing the next wave of young people coming here. I was about your age when I made the switch and we're coming on the four year mark this spring, and a year from will mark when I joined the forum... Anyway, glad to have both of you, and good luck on your journey.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Libertarian rhetoric and worldview plays right up the alley of most young people. It's an immensely popular ideology among the young like nothing else is...

I remember hearing Mark Levin once say something like "I wonder if we could attract kids to the conservative side by appealing to their resilience to authority..."

Anyway, this made me chuckle.

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Authority and conservatism?

Aren't those the same?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:48 PM

Holy crudd, you sound 28.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Authority and conservatism?

Aren't those the same?

Oh, no no no no no no no no. Conservatism is all about small government. Get it? wink

Do you realize how small government has to be in order to put someone in a cage for smoking a certain substance on the couch, giggling at Family Guy and napping on the couch afterwards?

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

You know, every time somebody makes a comment about how old I sound on here, I have to go back and listen to myself again on the video. And every time, I think I sound eleven.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:54 PM

It's the avatar maaan. If you see something posted by someone with an older person as their avatar then they're going to sound older than someone with a fluffy bunny or a meme, begging your pardon.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Why does my voice sound so different when it is recorded and played back?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

@ Neodoxy

Interesting. Even though my avatar is just a character from Samurai Champloo.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:59 PM

Yea but he looks super srs and the art style and pose are pretty harsh.

Do you watch much anime?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Casually. Right now I'm on Mushi-Shi.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:07 PM

The standard recommendation I make for people is "Neon Genesis Evangelion". You should take a look at it, it's quite probably the best show I've ever watched, you should take a look at it.

Anyway, I'm done derailing your thread, you can have it back now.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Hmm, I'll be sure to check it out. And if you haven't already, I'd recommend seeing Samurai Champloo any day. Incredible. It's just one of those shows you can look back on after watching and say "that was awesome."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Oh and by the way, if you think this is a derailed thread, you should have seen the one where Kelvin Silva and I went from discussing George Washington to sharing videos like this with each other:

Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 1,255

Aria the Origination

Watch that, you won't regret it!

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

My avatar is pure awesome. If i ever get a cat, i will put a melon on its head.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

I've seen the lime cat...quite frankly...too many times.

Page 1 of 1 (28 items) | RSS