Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Just read Horton hears a Who

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:25 AM

And WOW, coming from an AnCap perspective, all I could think of the whole time was the awful oppression of the Elephant! Even if he is insane, leave him be! Wow, it was so bad!

It also gave me the idea that children's books likely have a huge potential to introduce pro-liberty messages.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:28 AM

Horton voluntarily chose to save thousands of lives. No one forced him to. It was a noble action which displayed a great libertarian respect for life and indeed personal responsibility.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:29 AM

You're gonna hate "The Lorax"

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. -H.L. Mencken
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 11:39 AM

Neodoxy - I meant the Jungle animals oppressing him.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 5,000

Justin Amash a while ago read some Dr. Seuss book to school kids in his district and used it to teach the kids the difference between democracy and freedom. I'm not on Facebook anymore, so I can't find his original post or what the book was :/ I'm pretty sure it happened this past Spring, though.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS