Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

state gun rights

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 11,575
cab21 Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:16 PM

so looking at state constitutions, many of these states have theoreticaly less gun rights than the usa constitution, and some states don't even have gun rights in their consitution, how do you think gun rights would be effected in the even of secession by states?

http://www.guncite.com/journals/dowrkba.html

a few examples of less rights than the usa constitution theoreticaly are

Texas: "Every citizen shall have the right to keep and (p.240)bear arms in the lawful defence of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime." Tex. Const. art. I, § 23.

Utah: "The people have the right to bear arms for their security and defense, but the Legislature may regulate the exercise of this right by law." Utah Const. art. I, § 6.

Utah voters in the 1984 elections will decide whether to amend Art. I § 6 to read as follows: The individual right of the people to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves, their families, their property, and the state, and for lawful hunting, recreational use and all other lawful purposes, shall not be infringed; but this provision shall not prevent passage of laws to govern the carrying of concealed weapons; nor prevent legislation providing penalties for the possession of firearms by convicted felons, minors, mental incompetents or illegal aliens; nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those used in the commission of a felony.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,258
Points 34,610
Anenome replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:51 PM

No idea. That's kinda like worrying about whether heaven has golf or not. You kinda need to get into heaven first.

Autarchy: rule of the self by the self; the act of self ruling.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS