Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What do you think is next for Lyin' Ryan, Santorum, and Rand Paul?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290
No2statism Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:56 AM

Also, do you trust Rand Paul to be the next Warren G Harding* if Obama turns out to be another Woodrow Wilson?   I don't, but at the same time I hope he's gaming the system.

*Yes, I know Warren G Harding was a statist himself, but at least he was a minimal statist.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 5,375

Many libertarians made Rand out to be the successor and "carry the torch" and so forth, and they were disappointed when he nominated Romney. He's an individual; he can do what he wants, and why, why, why are so many libertarians wanting a hereditary monarchy?!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 867
Points 17,790

thetabularasa:
and why, why, why are so many libertarians wanting a hereditary monarchy?!

Because at least in American politics, family ties will get you far.

You guys had a father and his son as presidents within less than 10 years, man. And after Bush II stepped down, you'd almost have gotten a husband-wife presidential team.

Not to mention that the Paul brand now has some name recognition which it took a long, long time to establish.

American politics is aristocratic to some extent, so what you want to do if you want to play this game is to bet on a line of successors that somewhat matches your preferences.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:28 PM

It's official: Rand Paul has gone neocon:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/127659.html

Amendment Number: S.Amdt. 3232 to S. 3254 (National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013)
Statement of Purpose: To enhance sanctions imposed with respect to Iran.

Paul (R-KY), Yea

My, how far the apple has fallen from the tree.

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. -H.L. Mencken
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Well, we all know what Mr. Santorum is going to keep on doing.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS