Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

OVERLORDS, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:26 AM

Hi,

I've written two emails to the Mises editors at their email and have received no response.

Now, the first was a request to include Mises Daily articles on my website, giving full citations and linking. It's understandable if they decided to not reply so as to not embarrass me.

But the next time I sent them articles for the Mises Daily. The least they could have done was to either say "you suck" or "We have received your email and will consider your entry. Expect to hear back from us within 1 month."

I realize you're busy and under-funded, but bad customer relations are not how you go about doing business.

End Rant.

Ever-thankful,

Wheylous

P.S. This is an even greater issue when the Dailies slow to a one-a-day trickle.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,552
Points 46,640
AJ replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:48 AM

What exactly is the story with the mises.org front-end these days? Ever since they replaced the blog with that "Circle Bastiat" thing the comments have fallen off by maybe 95%, the Mises Dailies have slowed by two-thirds, and Jeffrey Tucker and Doug French (former president of the institute) and maybe some others don't seem to be around anymore at all. I know Tucker left to do his own thing, but it seems like there was some shake-up I missed.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:52 AM

I emailed Tucker asking to whom I may direct my questions, and he said "Hi! I'm sorry that I just don't know the answer to your question. I'm now full time at LFB.org"

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:31 AM

Maybe Tucker was a pivotal piece of the image of Mises.org, and now we see the LvMI empire crumbling away from the inside.  I don't remember the last time I actually read an article or have gone to the main page of the site.  Straight to the forums with me.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 814
Points 14,875
Physiocrat replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:39 AM

From what little I know Doug French and Jeff Tucker have moved over to Lassiez Faire books and Danny Sanchez is running the website as well as directing the MIses academy.

I don't know why it happened but ever since the new community and the new interface for mises.org things have gone downhill.

As with Bert I know skip the main page and head over here.

The atoms tell the atoms so, for I never was or will but atoms forevermore be.

Yours sincerely,

Physiocrat

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:59 PM

I emailed Tucker asking to whom I may direct my questions, and he said "Hi! I'm sorry that I just don't know the answer to your question. I'm now full time at LFB.org"

My advice: try to get a hold of Daniel Sanchez and pose this question to him.

But the next time I sent them articles for the Mises Daily. The least they could have done was to either say "you suck" or "We have received your email and will consider your entry. Expect to hear back from us within 1 month."

It used to be you heard from Jeffrey Tucker when you did that, and you didn't have to wait long at all either.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:40 PM

This, along with the closing of the forums, makes my task in creating LibertyHQ ever more pressing.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS