Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Question about private rights enforcement policies: coercion?

rated by 0 users
This post has 85 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 5,000

I'll ask you a third time: why are you giving up on "'libertarianism' the philosophy"?

I'm going back to just economics. Libertarianism the philosophy seems seriously flawed in too many areas for me to take it seriously. Sorry.

Do you think that whatever you're calling "the benefits of freedom and capitalism" are objective facts?

Value is subjective.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:13 PM

QuisCustodiet:
I'm going back to just economics. Libertarianism the philosophy seems seriously flawed in too many areas for me to take it seriously. Sorry.

Well where exactly do you think it seems seriously flawed? And why?

QuisCustodiet:
Value is subjective.

So then it's entirely possible for a person to believe that there are no benefits whatsoever to freedom and/or capitalism, right?

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 5,000

Well where exactly do you think it seems seriously flawed? And why?

I've already given up on it. I don't want to get into it, hence me not responding to your question the two times you asked it before this last time.

So then it's entirely possible for a person to believe that there are no benefits whatsoever to freedom and/or capitalism, right?

Right, so I gotta convince them that there are benefits. I don't want to try to convince them that there's a "voluntary alternative," or that it's okay to not feed your kid until it dies if you don't like him or that you should "turf" your family.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:54 PM

QuisCustodiet:
I've already given up on it. I don't want to get into it, hence me not responding to your question the two times you asked it before this last time.

Why don't you want to get into it? What are you afraid of?

QuisCustodiet:
Right, so I gotta convince them that there are benefits. I don't want to try to convince them that there's a "voluntary alternative," or that it's okay to not feed your kid until it dies if you don't like him or that you should "turf" your family.

How do you plan on convincing them that there are benefits? What are you talking about with "I don't want to try to convince them that [...] it's okay to not feed your kid until it dies if you don't like him or that you should 'turf' your family"?

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Points 5,000

Why don't you want to get into it?

Because there are other things I want to do instead.

What are you afraid of?

Not being able to do the things I value higher.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:49 PM

QuisCustodiet:
Because there are other things I want to do instead.

Like what?

QuisCustodiet:
Not being able to do the things I value higher.

How would me continuing to respond to you in this thread render you unable to do the things that you (may) value higher?

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS