Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

work ethic of statists vs non-statists

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 11,575
cab21 Posted: Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:42 AM

do non-statists work as hard to counter the state as statists work to grow the state?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 8:44 AM

I don't think anyone that doesn't have a particular disposition on the subject works in any one way towards anything besides their end goals.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:07 AM

There are many statists that work very hard.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:14 AM

Well, take your average person, they don't vest time into theory, they simply work everday as do everyone else.  I think it's various factions that are split from the majority that actually try to push some political/economic agenda.  Obviously, the state is at the top of this (since they are ahead), and by default remain as the status quo.  There's no point in really nit picking which citizen is a statist and an anti-statist, and if anymore falls more on the intelligentsia of any of the political factions.

Thus it's various political factions vs the state (I'm not really including Dems and Reps in those political factions).  The state doesn't really need to try (even though they do work a lot), because a lot of people already accept that as a given and are not aware of other political factions.  They are already riding on the "consent of the governed."

Who works harder; CIA agent, a leftist professor, or an anti-state blogger?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 10:00 AM
Disutility is not intersubjectively quantifiable.
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 371
Points 5,590

That's because the state does not exist, what do exist are local and global markets of political operations.

Markets that have their own patterns of colaboration and trust between organizations, as well as competition, threats and domination.

They work hard because they are composed of independent organizations, each with its own clear agenda for power.

Most of them looking to create, perfect and and deploy technologies designed to enslave the demobilized populations.

A Matrix of evil.

"Blood alone moves the wheels of history" - Dwight Schrute
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS