Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Libertarian Books Suggestions

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 73
Points 2,395
LandJ Posted: Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:02 PM

Since I am a beginner in libertarianism, I am started reading books with libertarian background.
I already finished the Road to Serfdom. Soon, I will finish the Capitalism and Freedom.

-What do you suggest me next?
-Should I continue reading libertarianism from a philosophical point of view or it is OK to start reading economics?
-I am interested in reading Economics in One Lesson by Hazlitt. 
-Do I have to know Basic Microeconomics and Macroeconomics in order to understand Haziltt's book?
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

LandJ:
I already finished the Road to Serfdom.

You might be interested in these: here and here.

-What do you suggest me next? -Should I continue reading libertarianism from a philosophical point of view or it is OK to start reading economics?

See here (each of these has many links within, which are also good):

Recommendations by category

What is the best book written on the current financial crisis and its origins?

Where to learn Austrian economics

One Book for Capitalism

Reading Lists

I am interested in reading Economics in One Lesson by Hazlitt. Do I have to know Basic Microeconomics and Macroeconomics in order to understand Haziltt's book?

Not really.  It's pretty geared toward the layman, but keep in mind it was published in 1946, so it's a bit more sophisticated than "layman" books of today (i.e., you might need to pay a bit more attention, as the vocabulary and sentence structure is more complex than a lot of people are used to).

I recommend the Second Edition (1978), for reasons mentioned here.  You'll only find this version in CD (audio) format in the online Mises Store, so you'll probably have to go to Amazon if you want a hard copy.  But you can still have some of the money you spend go to the LvMI if you simply make your purchase through GoodShop, as described here.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS