Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Arms are for hugging, jerks! You're on the side of murder!

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285
SkepticalMetal Posted: Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:11 PM

Side-splitting and depressing, all at once.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:44 PM

I don't watch cokehead-sh videos any more. He's a traitor to liberty assuming he was ever loyal in the first place.

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

I certainly wouldn't say I'm a fan either, but he does put out some stuff that's worth watching sometimes.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Points 5,675

Huh. What'd he do?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

He made a video that heavily lampooned Ron Paul's farewell speech (at least I think that's what the majority of opposition is about). Otherwise, it's about the "bad boy" image that he takes on a lot, which I think some people find to be too overzealous to the point where it's suspected that it might give libertarianism a bad name.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:04 PM

Based on a variety of factors, mose of which are difficult to put into words, I am convinced that Kokesh is managed dissent. His job is to be a Pied Piper of malcontent Iraq war veterans who have serious conscience problems with what is going on over there and want to speak out about it.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Are you sure? I mean, the guy doesn't come off as insane and delusional to me (okay, sometimes the bad boy image does tend to get overzealous, but is that really something to blame on managed dissent?). Overall, he seems to be taken seriously, from what I've observed.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

From what I've seen, Adam's comments on Paul's farewell speech were out of character. I don't watch his show enough to know if he acts like that often, but if he does, I'd think it's for ratings or something.

He seems sensible on his "homemade" videos (like this one).

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Yeah, I don't really get what the problem is with sharing videos of his that are informative and useful.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:28 PM

3:20 is hilarious. What f***er is on the street protesting and doesn't allow their words/face to be used.

The rest of the video shows the stupidity of all involved.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS