Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

(A little late, but) The Fairest Political Quiz I've Ever Seen

This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 11:09 AM

Except for the whole thing about missing Ron Paul as one of the candidates.  And I had to put a new response on a range of issues mostly concerning immigration where I am more concerned about ending the welfare state than using immigrants as scapegoats for bad social policies.

I was impressed that they had more responses some of which elimited the stupid Demuplican-Republicrat responses.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

Yeah, that was a very good quiz around election time. Sent it to my friends and family. I'm glad that some of them found out they were closer to third-party candidates like Gary Johnson and Jill Stein than to Obamney. Hopefully that'll at least make them stop and think about the "3x5 card of approved opinion" we have today. Also, would have been nice to take the quiz during the primaries when I think there were more choices.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Bogart:
Except for the whole thing about missing Ron Paul as one of the candidates.

Right because Ron Paul was totally running for President on election day. 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:22 PM

I'm partial to this test. It's a little biased in some senses (for instance it conflates pro free market with pro-corporate), but notheless it's the only political quiz I've seen that is not only political but ideological in nature, and therefore I think it does quite well.

Warning however, it's quite a long test.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

I was 100% Ron Paul before they took him down.  I was like ~95% Gary Johnson.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 480
Points 9,370

I was really disappointed.  The last thing I expected from My Results was to be compared to a bunch of electoral candidates.  Like, who cares??  They are all the same to me. 

What a let down. 

Before calling yourself a libertarian or an anarchist, read this.  
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Charles Anthony:
I was really disappointed.  The last thing I expected from My Results was to be compared to a bunch of electoral candidates.  Like, who cares??  They are all the same to me. 

What a let down.

You were hoping to be labeled, maybe?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 875
Points 14,180
xahrx replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:43 PM

"I'm partial to this test. It's a little biased in some senses (for instance it conflates pro free market with pro-corporate), but notheless it's the only political quiz I've seen that is not only political but ideological in nature, and therefore I think it does quite well.

Warning however, it's quite a long test."

Wasn't terribly long.  I see the bias you mentioned, plus I think it's a bit off as are most tests because they equate what you feel comfortable with personally with what you think is appropriate policy.  I generally tend to be conservative in my views but basically doctrinaire libertarian in my politics.  Asking me my personal opinion on abortion therefore doesn't answer the policy question, it just just lets you know my personal view of the act.  For a test like this to truly 'rate' people it would have to ask policy questions which are yes or no in nature, and more open ended multiple choice questions about the actual  feelings the person nay have about this or that particular act.

"I was just in the bathroom getting ready to leave the house, if you must know, and a sudden wave of admiration for the cotton swab came over me." - Anonymous
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:46 PM

"I think it's a bit off as are most tests because they equate what you feel comfortable with personally with what you think is appropriate policy"

Very true. I forgot about that aspect of the test. It doesn't work that well for libertarians since we live in a society where people's politics are usually identical to making legal/illegal whatever they do or do not like.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS