Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Rubio to deliver GOP response to Obama (in English/Spanish)

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,620
shackleford Posted: Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:22 PM

LOL! What a bunch of morons. The Republican Party is so stupid.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/feb/6/rubio-deliver-gop-response-obama/

http://thephoenixsaga.com/
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:51 PM

Getting beyond the fact that I thought Obama already gave the "State of the Union Address" for this year, I am not surprised that a party losing members would pick a younger Spanish speaker like Rubio.  What is amazing to me is that the article thinks that this guy is following in the footsteps of great Republicans like Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal and Bob McDonnell.  Outside of Paul Ryan who wasted his energy running for Vice President, not one of these fellows has shown up on the presidential radar and not one has any chance of uniting the Republican Party that has completely fractured along these lines: Old People, Rich People, Military Intelligence Law Enforcement Complex and Other (This includes some stubborn left over freedom oriented people as most of these folks have already abandoned the Republican Party.). 

The other amazing thing is that the article thinks this is a good idea?  It would be ONLY if the Old People never hear his speech.  Otherwise they will flock to the Democrats out of fear that Rubio is going to take their anti-Social in-Security and anti-Medicare money from them.  Face it, pleasing Old People is killing the Republican Party, even more than backing the waste that is the USA Military-Intelligence-Law Enforcement Complex, and will eventually destroy it.  It is impossible for the Republican Party to square the circle financially without cutting goodies going to Old People.  If you try claim like Romney that you really love Old People, then the Democrats will just love them more by showering more stuff on them.  So basically it is a dead party.  And good riddance.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,620

This is pitiful pandering to Hispanics (Mexican foreign nationals) in an attempt to cajole them to join their party. The Democrats have always been better at buying votes. The Republican Party will be a permanent minority party at the national level if they don't accept libertarianism. Given their treatment of Ron Paul, the most that this current crop will ever accept is someone like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Rand Paul isn't perfect, but I think that we (really the anarch-caps and others) should hold their nose and vote for him. I wouldn't say the same for Marco Rubio or Romney, but there might be some meaningful change with Rand Paul or Ted Cruz.

http://thephoenixsaga.com/
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:54 AM

Not just pitiful, but insulting as well.  And it won't work any better than what Romney has done which is to anger those in his party who are pro-freedom.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS