Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Stirring up trouble on a pro-Lincoln Facebook page

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,620
shackleford Posted: Tue, Mar 5 2013 9:51 PM

I got tired of seeing all the pro-Lincoln propaganda. This page showed up on the top right corner of the ads section on my Facebook and I decided to post something.

https://www.facebook.com/SavingLincoln/posts/500193530039412

http://thephoenixsaga.com/
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Excellent, although I don't think this could end well.

EDIT

And you gotta love it when people call Thomas DiLorenzo a "neo-Confederate racist" and refer to all secession organizations as racist.

ANOTHER EDIT

Also, sent you a request.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,620

All the expected platitudes are present. They're simply bloodthirsty statists. It's not hard to figure it out. They don't understand freedom and liberty, just adoring obsession of the federal government.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Yeah, you aren't kidding. Here's the part where they start telling you do "go do something" in a string of cheeky one-liner ad hominem/strawmannings.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 3,640
Blargg replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:06 PM

I was fascinated by one of the responses that framed secession as theft from the USA. The very name, united states of America, suggests to me that it's a bunch of states which have united in some aspects in order to get mutual benefit from the arrangement. It also suggests that at some point in the past, they were several independent states not united. At that point, were they obligated with threat of violence to unite? If not, then it was something voluntary. How, then, could this act justify violence towards states that separate later, or require permission from other states? It's not like a state that left would keep getting federal money; they'd be like Mexico or Canada, another government that merely shared borders.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,620

Blargg, I tried to make that very point by succinctly stating that the states voluntarily signed the compact and they could voluntarily leave the compact. If the states do not have the ability to leave the compact, then they did not possess the ability to join in the first place. The logic is not complicated, but those people are brainwashed to worship the U.S. federal government.

Our land is apparently their land, too. That sounds like collectivism! Community property, eh? Texas would deprive the U.S. of resources? Wow.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 305
Points 7,165

If anyone wants to add me on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Pat/105176562851152?fref=ts

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Really?

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 66
Points 870
Willink replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 3:38 PM

Joining in the fun and games

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

I'd join in, although I don't know enough about the specific details behind it all so I'd probably just end up making a mess of it.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 177
Points 2,860
Naevius replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 10:43 AM

Jesus Christ. This particular post just makes me sick. What a sociopath:

Robert Blundell "If Texas decided to secede from the U.S. today, would you support slaughtering your friends and family and our friends and family to force us to stay in the United States? Because that's exactly what Lincoln did."

My answer would be YES. A lot of pe
ople question whether we should get involved in foreign wars, are they worth it?

But to STEAL a state and its resources from the United States, withhold the taxes and other obligations from being part of America, and above ALL betraying the oaths that a seceding States officials and their Senators and Reps made to the US and its Constitution, I say YES , we would have to declare war on Texas or any other state.

If a state or region came hat in hand to Congress and asked to depart , then as Congress had the power to admit, it could let it leave - if ithe Congress , President, and its precedent would also have to be decided by the Supreme Court, consented and the US continued to have possession of federal facilities, or received full price for surrendering them, as well as an equitable payment of taxes by Texas - I'd say 5 years severance in advance of alll taxes due by Texans and Texas companies, as well as a suitable contiuing fee of billions for naval, coast guard, and air force patrols. , someway of resolving Social Security and other obligations to Texan citizens, Also for at least a ten year period Texas would not enter into any treaty with any other country, and would abide by our trade , economic, and environmental rules.
Then MAYBE.
We don't mess with TEXAS, but it Texas messed with the United States of America, we would respond.
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 452
Points 7,620

Naevius,

It's despicable. I stopped posting. There's no reasoning with these avaricious, bloodthirsty people. I may just delete my original comment, too.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 349
Points 5,915
Mtn Dew replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:01 PM

Wow, that post was depressing. What a sicko.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,005
Points 19,030

Wow, that post was depressing. What a sicko.

At least he was being consistent though and drawing the correct conclusion from his principles. Just say, "before you start killing people you love at least hear out their arguments, etc...". Of course, some people are simply not ripe for persuasion.

In the end is he any sicker than the marxists or any of the other statists that we know on a daily basis?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS