Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

The Electric Universe

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 61 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615
rosstaylor posted on Sun, Mar 10 2013 11:27 PM

Has anyone here heard of this theory? What do you think of it? I think it makes a lot more sense than the Big Bang Theory - http://www.holoscience.com/wp/

What about Immanuel Velikovsky 's works? Any opinion?

Perhaps we live in something like the Matrix after all :)

• | Post Points: 65

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 100 Contributor
Male
814 Posts
Points 14,875
Verified by rosstaylor

DanielMuff:

Who on this forum has a degree in economics?

I do, so never ever ever question what I say on Economics because those without a degree in the subject can't say anything of use about it. Further never ever question my brother on physics since he has a Theoretical Physics masters. Bow before the might of government accredited institutions.

The atoms tell the atoms so, for I never was or will but atoms forevermore be.

Yours sincerely,

Physiocrat

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
1,612 Posts
Points 29,515

Philosophers have suggested this for literally thousands of years.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615

Can you please elaborate? Which philosophers?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Male
4,249 Posts
Points 70,775
Suggested by FlyingAxe

Aristophanes.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
1,612 Posts
Points 29,515

pythagoras, plato, schopenhauer, tesla...

Top 75 Contributor
1,612 Posts
Points 29,515

Just looking at the webiste should let you know it is bs.

Top 150 Contributor
539 Posts
Points 11,275

What is it with crackpot theories popping up on this forum every so often? So far we've had "The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of Everything", "A Priori Physics", and "Why Modern Theoretical Physics Is A Lie". 

Top 25 Contributor
Male
4,249 Posts
Points 70,775

What is it with crackpot theories popping up on this forum every so often?

We are the perfect target audience. Smart enough to follow an argument, interested in theoretical matters, and most important, not professional physicists.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845

And then there's the fact that modern cosmology and astrophysics is, well, laughable. I was just reading an article today on Space.com talking about the millions of unseen black holes sprinkled through the Milky Way. Uh huh, sure. The black hole is a metaphysical entity, people. Wake up!

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 75 Contributor
1,612 Posts
Points 29,515

Prove it, doctor.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:31 PM

Prove what?? Physicists themselves tell us that the center of a black hole is a point of infinite density. Now, I am merely applying their very own empiricism back onto them if I say, as you put it: prove it, doctor! If we can invoke infinite magnitudes to explain natural phenomena, then where are the limits? Why these infinitudes but not those? "Physics" that invoke infinite physical magnitudes is not physics, it is metaphysics.

Clayton -

Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615

The electric universe theory actually makes more sense to me. Wasn't Tesla also a proponent of this theory? I happen to think that Tesla was the greatest research scientist of all-time.

I wonder if the people who are currently pioneers in this field (plasma cosmoslogy) has done any extensive experiments to prove their convictions.

@Clayton - do you have any suggested reading material for me to better understand this theory? I read your other posts and i saw a lot of equations, you must have done a lot of research than I did!

Top 500 Contributor
203 Posts
Points 5,615

@ Clayton - oh the way, what do you think of Immanuel Velikovsky's works? It was quite fascinating to read about it.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:13 AM

For reading material suggestions, I just recommend visiting thunderbolts.info and reading their articles as well as browsing their book store.

Velikovsky was a true Renaissance man. I have yet to read Worlds in Collision so I won't feign expertise. His hypotheses seem incredibly difficult to accept on first brush but I think he may be more correct than we are yet prepared to accept. Once you come to grips with the idea that the Solar System is an electrical system - in fact, that the entire visible Universe is an electrical system - it fundamentally reconfigures your entire way of thinking about the heavens. It's all connected.

The prevailing cosmological model sees the planets as "rocks whizzing through empty space, attracted by gravity to the Sun and each other". As our understanding of the solar medium, interstellar medium, etc. has evolved, it is clear that this old Newtonian model has failed, at a basic level, to grasp the causal relationships in the Solar System. This is not Newton's fault, since the physics of electrical phenomena was wholly unknown at that time. In fact, Newton explicitly called out his gravitation theory as "action at a distance" and derided anyone who believed that action at a distance is possible. This, in fact, is what modern physics holds... we call it "bending of space-time" but the only way that these supposed physical effects manifest themselves is in action at a distance.

Clayton -

Page 1 of 5 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS