Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Study Says North Dakota is the Freest State in the US

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:13 AM

http://news.investors.com/032813-649561-americans-are-migrating-to-more-free-republican-states.aspx

The least freest state according to the study is New York.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,687
Points 22,990
Bogart replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 1:56 PM

Republicans have nothing to do with it.  What Republican other than Ron Paul and intermittentently his son Rand are in the slightest bit interested in freedom?
The article would be much better served looking at the attitudes of the people involved and I have a feeling that Native American organizations that are finally breaking out of their government-tribe complex mentality are leading this charge.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 305
Points 7,165

ARE Native Americans breaking out of their gov't tribe mentality? I thought they were still stuck in the tar.

And, although it begrudges me to admit it, Libertarian(ish) Republicans like Amash, Cruz, Massie, etc. simply don't exist on the left

http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/22/libertarianish-candidates

And more importantly, I think a lot of Republicans are out of touch with what the Republicans of today are really about. They are still enamored with the rhetoric of Reagan to see that the party is a farce of limited government and individual liberty. Still, I think many (far more than on the left at least) Republicans have liberty-minded tendencies.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

North Dakota has a State bank.

That said, I don't see how they could be that free.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS