Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

So are these forums closing down?

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Mon, Apr 1 2013 12:48 PM

Two days ago I saw on Jeffery Tucker's Facebook that the Mises forums will indeed be shutting down. Any word on this?

Check out LibertyHQ, where I aggregate the all best articles on libertarianism by topic! For now, the "Issues in Libertopia" section is the most developed. Find a link to it below: LibertyHQ
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,894
Points 87,850
Jeffrey Tucker replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:34 PM

Yes - it has been confirmed - the Mises Institute forums will be closing down. Thanks for messaging me about the LibertyHQ forums, which seem quite vibrant. I commend you for starting them! To all my friends here, sorry the Institute had to let the forums go. If I was still here, I would fight to keep this community going. Unfortunately, I'm at Laissez Faire Books now. Please do keep the community together at LibertyHQ! And best of luck!

Forums shutting down. Follow me on Facebook! Migrate to LibertyHQ forums!
  • | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

Gee.  I wonder how Jeffrey Tucker has inside details about the forum, yet can't fight to keep them because he hasn't been with the institute for over a year.

Also, how convenient that he just happens to promote your forums...and pretty much come in to post in the forums (out of nowhere) immediately after you create this thread.

I wonder if it has anything to do with his username linking to YOUR profile.

I would say "nice try", but this is not only a pathetic ploy, but pathetic execution as well.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 369
Points 7,175
baxter replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:30 PM

Lol. Sounds like an April Fool's Day joke to me.

Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

I assume that's going to the be the cover story, but do you honestly think he'd have fessed up to it if no one ever figured it out?  Doubtful.  I'd bet my dick this "joke" "holiday" was seen as a nice little opportunity for some utterly shameless (and by that I mean dishonest and fraudulent) self-promotion, with a perfectly plausible escape hatch if it were ever exposed.

Again.  Pathetic.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 275
Points 4,000

Good God, relax!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

This is quite blatantly an april fools thread.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 2:46 PM

Y'all are like disciples waitin fo judgment day!

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,711
Points 29,285

Wheylous and Mr. Tucker are right. I just found a video where Lew Rockwell explains the whole thing.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

No2statism:
This is quite blatantly an april fools thread.

Blatant?  Sure I guess everything is blatant when it's immediately spelled out for you before you even have a chance to be fooled by it.  I can almost guarantee there is no way you (especially you) would have even suspected fraud had someone not said something.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 421
Points 7,165

Actually, it is precisely because "Jeffrey Tucker" came out of nowhere to reply to Wheylous (and he apparently replied 14 minutes before Wheylous posted) and was promoting LibertyHQ and had knowledge of the affairs of the LvMI even though he is no longer working for it that made this a blatant April Fool's Day joke. And I would say a fairly good one. It got you, albeit not in the way it was intended to fool people.

The only one worth following is the one who leads... not the one who pulls; for it is not the direction that condemns the puller, it is the rope that he holds.

Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

Got me?  Meaning "got me" to post in a useless thread?

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything just to see how many of you people claiming it's so obvious would have actually recognized it.  Again i seriously doubt it would have been so "obvious" had my reply not been the very first one.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 4:23 PM

I personally think that the most condemning part of the message is that that isn't Tucker's account...

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

And probably you and like 5 other guys have been around long enough to even know that

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 4:36 PM

Oh no, its got nothing to do with being around long enough. It's the fact that I'm a genius and I think in new and creative ways that most people don't consider. I'd also be incredibly surprised if there was anyone else who had caught on to that before I showed it to them.

You're all quite welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 4:41 PM

Primetime:

I assume that's going to the be the cover story, but do you honestly think he'd have fessed up to it if no one ever figured it out?  Doubtful.  I'd bet my dick this "joke" "holiday" was seen as a nice little opportunity for some utterly shameless (and by that I mean dishonest and fraudulent) self-promotion, with a perfectly plausible escape hatch if it were ever exposed.

Again.  Pathetic.

how does all of the equal pathetic? the kid is like the son dr. evil never had, he's a natural. we can use him to infiltrate an austrian into the shadow governmen!

Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

Neodoxy:

Oh no, its got nothing to do with being around long enough. It's the fact that I'm a genius and I think in new and creative ways that most people don't consider. I'd also be incredibly surprised if there was anyone else who had caught on to that before I showed it to them.

You're all quite welcome

come on dude.  are you seriously going to try and claim it's a Google-esque totally ridiculous scenario that anyone and everyone would realize is fake?  I never claimed to "think in new and creative ways".  Hell the first tip off was his first try at creating this thread which he immediately deleted when it didn't display properly.  Go to the deleted threads and see.

As I said, if the execution hadn't been so pathetic, I may not have noticed myself.  And I seriously doubt there was an "APRIL FOOLS!" coming from the OP anytime soon.

like i said...nice way to fraudulently promote your website and have a perfect escape hatch if anyone catches you.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:22 PM

Oh no, quite the opposite. I'm just saying that only a very select few people on the planet, like myself, would be capable of even realizing that it was indeed a trick in the first place. Wheylous is indeed quite the trickster, he's known for being devious and cunning, but his mind games don't work on well trained and exceedingly intelligent people like myself are capable of discovering is trickery.

I'm sure that you didn't claim to think in new and creative ways, that was my phrasing for my unique and impressive skill set.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

Sure I wasn't totally unexpecting, but it wasn't blatant to me that this was an April Fools joke. 

Then again, I also excitedly clicked on Skeptical's link.. fml

Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

Neodoxy:

Oh no, quite the opposite. I'm just saying that only a very select few people on the planet, like myself, would be capable of even realizing that it was indeed a trick in the first place. Wheylous is indeed quite the trickster, he's known for being devious and cunning, but his mind games don't work on well trained and exceedingly intelligent people like myself are capable of discovering is trickery.

I'm sure that you didn't claim to think in new and creative ways, that was my phrasing for my unique and impressive skill set.

Oh well in that case, thanks for the compliment.

Not Ranked
Posts 369
Points 7,175
baxter replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:35 PM

So would it be OK for me to post spam and impersonate people on LibertyHQ forums?

Or is that too much liberty for one person?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

I'd provide evidence that I was not trying to defraud you guys, but I have the impression Primetime is playing his own April Fool's joke on me. Only that unlike me, he's pulling it off a lot more believably.

cheeky

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110

Always a gentleman.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

It's in my avatar.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 947
Points 22,055
Student replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 6:07 PM

I loled when I realized it was an April's Fool Day joke. 

good job.

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine - Elvis Presley

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:47 PM

Are you sure you're not just playing this off as comedy, while deep inside you feel fundamentally violated?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:49 PM

Wheylus sukcs

Fuk U Wheylous

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 12:05 AM

I cry evry tiem.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:23 AM

Did anyone else click on "Jeffrey Tucker's" post count, like I did? cheeky Also, shameless self-promotion is getting really shameless.

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Previous | Next
Page 1 of 1 (28 items) | RSS