Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

could boston attack on american soil been perpetrated by us government?

This post has 146 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760
Kelvin Silva Posted: Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:24 PM

Thoughts?

Obama maybe wants to advance gun control/bomb control.

Or i just hate government too much?

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

I was wondering how long before this discussion started.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

Do you think i blame the government too much?

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

It's not you personally.  I was just speaking generally.  It's not as if I knew you would be the one to create the thread.

While I believe you'll be right more often than not by being skeptical, and even suspicious of government and especially those who operate within its high ranks, it can quite quickly turn into simply the opposite of this.

Be more skeptical.  That is, be more discerning and don't go in assuming things either way.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:44 PM

I doubt this was perpetrated by the government, but that doesn't mean it wasn't involved in some way. Don't forget that whole fast and furious nonsense where the feds delibrately put guns into the hands of gangs (without tagging the fucking guns!). Also, every so often you'll see that the FBI has shut down some terror plot in a sting operation. All it takes is for one of these stings to go wrong.

But there is no way of knowing of any government involvement without knowing who is supposed to be the criminal responsible.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

gotlucky:
Also, every so often you'll see that the FBI has shut down some terror plot in a sting operation.

...a terror plot which they may have quite possibly formulated, escalated, and/or assisted in.

Crazy fringe conspiracy nut, you say?

The New York Times:

Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

1) One TV station that police shutdown cell phone service because of the fear that subsequent bombs might be triggered by phone. But what about WiFi? Why would you rely on spotty 3G/4G connection in an area with thousands of other smartphone havers when you can use the far more reliable WiFi networks in the area?

2) So far, I have only seen the explosion (the first one) from two camera angles, both of which were from camera crews at the finish line. That is, not any news channel.

3) I haven't been to find anymore videos of the actual explosion, from different angles, on the Youtube. This is probably because 3G/4G was shut down, but one would figure that videos from different angles would be posted as soon as people got home.

4) It is possible that the cops were tipped off and, thus, sent the bomb squad to the area to try to find the bombs. Perhaps they told people that they were conducting a drill so as to not cause a public panic just in case that the tip was wrong. However, the bombs were there and they did go off and they had not evacuated the area.

5) The entire area is locked down. Why? To prevent the perpetrator from escaping? But that also means that there are thousands of people in the area that are trapped there in case more bombs go off.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

gotlucky:

I doubt this was perpetrated by the government, but that doesn't mean it wasn't involved in some way. Don't forget that whole fast and furious nonsense where the feds delibrately put guns into the hands of gangs (without tagging the fucking guns!). Also, every so often you'll see that the FBI has shut down some terror plot in a sting operation. All it takes is for one of these stings to go wrong.

But there is no way of knowing of any government involvement without knowing who is supposed to be the criminal responsible.

I suppose that it is possible that they were supposed to foil one of their plans, but they some how screwed it up and the bombs went off.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

Ive been talking to ppl on mises irc....

I doubt this is worth anything but here are 4/2 cents= http://i.imgur.com/jRlfyU4.png

Obama also talking about "full weight of justice".... Scary.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:08 PM

Kelvin Silva:
I doubt this is worth anything but here are 4/2 cents= http://i.imgur.com/jRlfyU4.png

Huh?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:17 PM

Can't you see?  Someone circled the Israeli flag amongst that long line of all the country flags.  Jeez Muff.  How dense can you get.  Or are you just so much of an anti-semite that you don't even see the Israeli flag anymore?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:22 PM

Be more skeptical.  That is, be more discerning and don't go in assuming things either way.

Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:30 PM

John James:

Can't you see?  Someone circled the Israeli flag amongst that long line of all the country flags.  Jeez Muff.  How dense can you get.  Or are you just so much of an anti-semite that you don't even see the Israeli flag anymore?

lol /facepalm

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 853
Points 17,830

It looks like it...

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/04/15/cnn-analyst-suggests-right-wing-extremists-could-be-behind-boston-bombin

Alex jones is quite interesting.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:32 PM

Here we go again...

Sound familiar, anyone?

Facebook Memorial Page Created  BEFORE Boston Bombing

Boston Bombing FaceBook page created two days before bombing

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:41 PM

You'd figure that they's be smart enough to create the FB page after they carry out the bombing.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,005
Points 19,030
fakename replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:46 PM

You'd figure that they's be smart enough to create the FB page after they carry out the bombing.

The Gov. could do it to antagonize conspiracy theorists in order to discredit them -after all how could it be the gov. if they weren't smart enough to create the FB page later?

Yo dawg, I heard you like conspiracies. So I put a conspiracy in your conspiracy...

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:49 PM

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

[...]

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He's been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

Perhaps the organizers and the city thought that it would be wise to have lots of security at the event. Maybe the coach never looked up before because he was focused on the race. I find it odd that he would focus on the security; maybe he is a terrorist who was analyzing the feasibility of an attack at the event.

Stevenson said his wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.
Alert! Suspicious activity. Do you really think that it was a coincidence that she left her seat right before the explosion. She knew! She knew!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:53 PM

DanielMuff:

You're obviously not familiar with terrorist tragedies in the 2010s...

Memorial page [clearer version] [alt version]

Another oddity

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

FaceBook page created 2 days before the bombing.....

You can't be fucking serious? You tell me if this is a troll right nao >_>

Anyways, im reading through some posts, and can't you change the name of the page?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:00 AM

Speaking on Sandy Hook, Feb 27, 2013...

"they had a drill that day in the area...yet again.  ...Always the calling card of an inside job..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucC9_kuQpK4#t=1m20s

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:01 AM

It's possible that the page was created for a different topic--but no content actually published--and then changed to be about the person killed (because the admin of the FB page felt like doing so).

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

Yeah they had a drill right before the bombing. It was confirmed by a local news channel link i found, and alex jones talked about it too.

Its just a screen in case someone gets caught planting the bomb, and then they could say its a drill.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:07 AM

Kelvin Silva:

Yeah they had a drill right before the bombing. It was confirmed by a local news channel link i found, and alex jones talked about it too.

Its just a screen in case someone gets caught planting the bomb, and then they could say its a drill.

Or...

4) It is possible that the cops were tipped off and, thus, sent the bomb squad to the area to try to find the bombs. Perhaps they told people that they were conducting a drill so as to not cause a public panic just in case that the tip was wrong. However, the bombs were there and they did go off and they had not evacuated the area.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

also check this out

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=9&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=mij-2hbeGWwI2FzwS0PmIg&cp=12&gs_id=1i&xhr=t&q=interactives.cbs42.com+boston+marathon+explosion&es_nrs=true&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=interactives&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=1&biw=1366&bih=583&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&cad=b

Check the time stamp for each search entry.

If you guys have facebook: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/537115_435501913210135_1456507340_n.jpg

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:10 AM

DanielMuff:
It's possible that the page was created for a different topic--but no content actually published--and then changed to be about the person killed (because the admin of the FB page felt like doing so).

Yeah someone tried to make that excuse on at least one of the Sandy Hook pages.  But when there's so many it just gets hard to deny.  Occam's razor would seem to slice your theory away with even just a little investigation and consideration.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:13 AM

John James:

DanielMuff:

Yeah someone tried to make that excuse on at least one of the Sandy Hook pages.  But when there's so many it just gets hard to deny.  Occam's razor would seem to slice your theory away with even just a little investigation and consideration.

My theory is possibly. Whether it's likely or not, Occam has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: So you actually think that the feds did? Or, are you simply playing devil's advocate to my devil's advocate?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:18 AM

Kelvin Silva:

also check this out

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=9&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=mij-2hbeGWwI2FzwS0PmIg&cp=12&gs_id=1i&xhr=t&q=interactives.cbs42.com+boston+marathon+explosion&es_nrs=true&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=interactives&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=1&biw=1366&bih=583&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&cad=b

Check the time stamp for each search entry.

If you guys have facebook: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/537115_435501913210135_1456507340_n.jpg

It's possible that whomever created the slideshow did so by copying a slideshow from 5 days ago and then changed the photos and other content, but forgot to change the creation date. I've actually done similar things on CMS's when creating content. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

It sure is en vogue to "call" it a black flag when little to nothing is known about it. That way one can say that they had a predicitive knowledge of the establishment, blah, blah.

It is unlikely that this is a black flag. 

The Boston Marathon is of world renown and covered in international media.

What can we infer?

It was likely not regional and meant to exploit the cameras. 

St4 said that the devices were small and made of nails, shrapnel and a "low velocity" explosive mixture.  There was no structural damage done and only a few broken windows.  AKA it was an ied that anyone could make.  There were several devices that did not go off (one at the JFK library).  This is probably organic (i.e., not synthetic).  It is too early to make a call who it is. [Don't cells usually take credit for them? - Wouldn't it be _____ if it was some anti-tax group.  I doubt it was the IRA...today is tax day right?]

What is interesting is that the end of the St4 article it says that this was the type used by the unabomber, the olympic park bomber, and...the 7/7/05 London train bombings.  Now, I'm pretty sure that teddy kazinski didn't make bombs that were comparable to those in the london attack...how is that for potential dissimulation?

Oh yeah, I'd stay away from the timestamp FB evidence route...it reeks of two seconds of photoshop and a whole lot of self-trolling (the kind where you troll yourself).

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:23 AM

I have a theory that much simpler that any put forth as of yet:

Missle hit sidewalk. Video footage edited to remove missle. /end

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

Oh yeah, I'd stay away from the timestamp FB evidence route...it reeks of two seconds of photoshop and a whole lot of self-trolling (the kind where you troll yourself).

Yeah, i am not buying the facebook one.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

This British guy seems to indicate that it was in fact "home grown."

he said "...it is more than rumor, but chatter within the intelligence services that suggests that it is homegrown extremists."

here is the evidence put forth by CTs: "The Boston Globe tweeted this morning, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities.""

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:59 AM

DanielMuff:
My theory is possibly. Whether it's likely or not, Occam has nothing to do with it.

That honestly sounds like you have no idea what Occam's Razor even is.

EDIT: So you actually think that the feds did? Or, are you simply playing devil's advocate to my devil's advocate?

I don't have enough information yet.  All I'm saying is that you're having to jump through more hoops than I am.

Aristophanes:

Photoshop cannot replicate video of a live webpage.  Either you're trolling, or you're bending over backward farther than Muff.  (Or you know nothing about Photoshop and are just using it as a buzzword like the general public does anytime they want to claim something is fake...as if anything and everything can be fraudulently depicted perfectly by pimple-faced teenagers in their mom's basement.)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Aristophanes:

Photoshop cannot replicate video of a live webpage.  Either you're trolling, or you're bending over backward farther than Muff.  (Or you know nothing about Photoshop and are just using it as a buzzword like the general public does anytime they want to claim something is fake...as if anything and everything can be fraudulently depicted perfectly.)

I just think it is a stupid form of "evidence"  and I didn't bother looking at anything that has been posted that pertains to it.  you're so hostile!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Aristophanes:
I just think it is a stupid form of "evidence"

Why

you're so hostile!

I just have little patience for people who have no idea what they're talking about yet pontificate as if they do.  Seriously you literally admitted you didn't even look at it.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Why

Seriously?  you think that is proof of conspiracy?

I just have little patience for people who have no idea what they're talking about yet pontificate as if they do.  Seriously you literally admitted you didn't even look at it.

hmmmm, like pontificating about deep government conspiracies based on time stamps on websites?  You speak from nowhere and pretend that other's criticism is from ignorance...  you are assuming that you can judge the internal workings of a dozen intelligence agencies based on a timestamp.  "Ope!  They really fucked up, they made their FB dedication page before the bombs went off.. der her...amateurs."

All I say is that the timestamp tells you nothing and jumping to the conclusion of conspiracy shows that you haven't considered anything but the first thing you want to believe.

Do you think the CIA put that website up in some form of hubris or out of dysfunction for operation?  or was it the FBI?  the ATF?  the DIA?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

John James:

DanielMuff:

That honestly sounds like you have no idea what Occam's Razor even is.

Just because one theory A has less assumptions or is simpler than theory B doesn't mean that theory B is not true.

I don't have enough information yet.  All I'm saying is that you're having to jump through more hoops than I am.

There's hardly any information and yet you threw in Occam's razor at me.

Aristophanes:

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

DanielMuff:
Just because one theory A has less assumptions or is simpler than theory B doesn't mean that theory B is not true.

Who the hell said otherwise?

There's hardly any information and yet you threw in Occam's razor at me.

Did you even read the second sentence you quote there?  One more time: All I'm saying is that you're having to jump through more hoops than I am.

Page 1 of 4 (147 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS