Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

*** May 2013 Low Content Thread ***

rated by 0 users
This post has 38 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895
Primetime Posted: Wed, May 1 2013 12:38 AM

even good for nothing ass hats catch on every once in a while...

Bill Maher actually talks some sense...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

No fair! It's still April on the West Coast.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,310
Heather replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:02 PM

Check it out! Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell, and the Mises Institute are in the news! I miss seeing Ol' RP in the news all the time. The guy who wrote the article is a smug idiot like usual who is trying discredit him  and us... big surpise. But any news is good news and the people in the comments aren't falling for it!

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-slams-boston-police-gone-too-far-170321289.html

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

the Ludwig von Mises Institute, a think tank with “deep ties to the neo-Confederate movement,”

... whose main "tie to the neo-Conferate movement" is someone who is anti slavery. Not to mention that the LvMI is named after a Jew and that the director of the Mises Academy and editor Mises.org is Hispanic lol

I still remember the time when some lefty on the forum accused one of the mods of being white when, in reality, the mod was an ethnic minority lol

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

The Most Dangerous Woman in America

...Coming to...theaters?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/page/thorpe-freeman-blog-contest

F
EE is holding a blog contest. Figured some of you might be interested in it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,258
Points 34,610
Anenome replied on Thu, May 2 2013 2:22 PM

Selected quotes from the founder of the underground drug agora-market Silk Road, Dread Pirate Roberts, mostly of radical-libertarian character.

Autarchy: rule of the self by the self; the act of self ruling.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Fri, May 3 2013 11:30 AM

Is invoking the Constitution a good way to promote liberty? | by Donald J. Boudreaux

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 275
Points 4,000

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/money/article_ee0f7192-b424-11e2-b139-0019bb2963f4.html

Someone who invests in gold or silver coins is subject to capital gains taxes if they eventually are sold for a profit. But if those coins are "legal tender,'' then the exchange of those for dollars -- even at a gain -- would be tax exempt.

"This would result in lost revenue to the state, while giving businesses that buy and sell collectable coins or currency originally authorized by Congress an unfair tax advantage,'' the governor wrote.

Stupid Nazi bitch. Nothing I wouldn't expect from any governor or politician, but boy does it make my blood boil when they announce their anti-wealth stance in the open. And the cluelessness. As if most gold and silver sold isn't done on a cash basis. Anyone who reports their "earnings" on metals deserves the kick in the balls they get. Just wash away all the benefits, the only real point in doing it in the first place.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 947
Points 22,055
Student replied on Sat, May 4 2013 5:07 PM

Here is an adult/baby zombie being fed blood through a bottle. enjoy.

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine - Elvis Presley

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sun, May 5 2013 6:48 AM

Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sun, May 5 2013 2:55 PM

http://www.evolbiol.ru/large_files/spermwars.pdf

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

@Student

I believe that is a 'little sister' from Bioshock actually, not a zombie.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sun, May 5 2013 3:28 PM

"I believe that is a 'little sister' from Bioshock actually, not a zombie."

Pwnd.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 947
Points 22,055
Student replied on Mon, May 6 2013 10:48 AM

Michelangelo, 

you dropped some knowledge on me, son. gracias.

i bow to your pwnage.

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine - Elvis Presley

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 197
Points 3,920

Even knowing this is a 'forgery', this was actually pretty scary.

It's like a fool proof step by step guide on how to take over the world

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 3,640
Blargg replied on Mon, May 6 2013 3:52 PM

I'm still trying to get over how OpTiMuS shrunk the audio from 276MB down to 47MB. My mind is blown.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 7:35 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 7:37 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 7:43 PM

best, latest:

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

I'm loving it.  There's virtually nothing they can do.  If there's one thing even typical statists jealously defend, it's freedom of speech and technology (sure, IP, but even that's going by the wayside as fast as tech growth itself. See "Wenzel has no positive position because...")

The only way to stop this kind of thing would be to outlaw 3D printing.  Kind of like the only way to stop the spred of info is to shut down the Internet.  There's no way that would even come close to flying today, and people are waking up more all the time. (Exhibit A only a few posts above)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

On a somewhat related note, it's luddite elitist nonsense like this that really doesn't help this douchebag's case that he isn't a disinfo agent...

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:21 PM

there is absolutely nothing they can do. 

http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox_DIY

http://technabob.com/blog/2012/08/30/flying-drone-with-shock-weapon/

it doesnt matter if you want to go low tech or high tech, its way more expensive/difficult to keep people in line than it is to get out of line, the only way is to convince them to stay in line. people stay in line because they think its better for them, sometimes that is true in the case of the individual. its never true in the case of all individuals due to spontaneous order and creative destruction. people are only able to flourish in an egalitarian rights society, and people only leave that setting because they believe in lies and bad ideology. thats why the internet is so important, and thats why piratebox is also important.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:33 PM

This was demonstrated following the 7 July 2005 London bombings and again after Hurricane Katrina. There are only 500 – 600 N.J. State Troopers on-duty at any given time.4 Only about twenty-five of those Troopers are assigned to the NJSP-MSB. When alert levels were raised last July, an additional 200 Troopers were activated in overtime status. Uniformed Troopers were not available, however, to assist with security for the hi-capacity ferries which transit from New Jersey to Manhattan 1,000 times per day.5 Instead, the U.S. Coast Guard and local police officers undertook those efforts. Many of those local officers, regretfully, were recalled after only three days because their property-tax reliant agencies could not absorb the “overtime costs.” Had the Naval Militia-JC been permitted to support the State Police, both the shore side and ferry missions could have been sustained without exhausting local property-tax based budgetary resources which eventually required State reimbursement.

With a relatively small investment in the Naval Militia-JC, the State will revitalize a flexible, adaptable, multi-mission state anti-terrorism force with the same authority as the N.J. National Guard, but structured to stretch dimes into dollars using a combination of volunteer and per diem service. At full strength the Naval Militia-JC can leverage the resources of 2,000 Reservists and 1,000 State Guardsmen to deliver 285,000 unpaid man- hours of service each year to deploy a maritime security force of 78 servicemen each day for any approved mission with no salary, health care, pension, vacation, sick day, or holiday-pay related costs to the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMAVA).
looks like the goobermint is running out of goobers because the mint isnt printing fast enough. soon youll be able to pay them in functional plastic gns yukyukyuk
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:40 PM

I agree that stuff like that contributes to media overexposure and supports the transhumanist agenda somewhat. the part thats missing is the freedom of choice. theyre not going to make you wear these idiotic glasses. the thing to watch out for is the smartphones. and I love it when a guy on the internet whines about technology in general, or some new thing because its new. other than that, its good to get open source new tech, from what I understand glass is beta and is supposed to spur market innovation in terms of new apps and hardware. warez. isnt that what the kidz cazizzle it nizzow?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:50 PM

it doesnt matter if they try to staple google glass to everyones head anyway

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lind/lind99.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lind/lind99.html

Here is where Richards and I part company. DOD is, as he recognizes, Gosplan. But his alternative, at least for a rollback force, includes privatizing the fighting function. The problem with this is that as the state privatizes security functions, for foreign wars or here at home, it strikes at its own reason for being and thus accelerates its crisis of legitimacy, which lies at the heart of 4GW. Once security is privatized, why have a state at all?

Conveniently, private armies have a long history of overthrowing states. There is good reason why the rising state of the 17th century abolished private armies and forcefully asserted a monopoly on violence.

thats the quandary from the p.o.v. of a professional military strategist.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 9:09 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lind/lind81.html

The question of what operational art means in Fourth Generation war remains open. I don't know of any general answer. The problem is that the enemy's strategic hinges, or centers of gravity, tend to be intangible: how do you use tactical engagements or operational maneuver to strike targets such as family or clan honor, gang loyalties, ideological convictions or belief in a particular god? After World War II, the most operationally competent armies in the world were the Red Army and the IDF. Yet both lost Fourth Generation wars, the Soviets in Afghanistan and the Israelis in Lebanon, because they could not figure out how to act operationally against 4GW enemies. Reduced to fighting an endless series of strategically meaningless tactical engagements, both were forced to withdraw. The U.S. military now finds itself in the same situation in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Unfortunately, it appears our Fourth Generation opponents have figured out a way to act operationally against us. I touched on this in an earlier column, but as I thought more about it, I decided that what is happening deserves fuller consideration. What our opponents are doing is brilliantly simple. By relying mostly on IEDs to attack us, they have created a situation where our troops have no one to shoot back at. That, in turn, ramps up the troops' frustration level to the point where two things happen: our morale collapses and our troops take their frustration out on the local population. Both results have strategic significance, and at least the potential of being strategically decisive, the first because it affects American home front morale and the second because it drives the local population to identify with the insurgents instead of the government we are trying to support.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

I'm not quite sure what Kimbo Slice not knowing how to punch has to do with it, but yeah I guess.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, May 6 2013 9:16 PM

because you can take somebody out from across the room regardless of what they have in their hands. if that happened enough times, that means that agents of the state would have to interact with people from greater distances. you cant control a population from that far away, you cant talk to them or get them to do what you want. you have to interact with people to manage them, persuade them, and coerce them. that closeness exposes the agents of the state to nontelegraphic strikes, which means they have to work in larger teams. larger teams strains manpower and raises their profile, and in these ways limits the amount of territory that can be controlled. its the fourth generation war death spiral.

Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895
Primetime replied on Mon, May 6 2013 10:47 PM

Ironically I started this thread with this asshat talking sense...

Bill Maher: ‘The Second Amendment is bullsh*t’

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

Humble blog has a new article:

Market Monetarism, NGDP Targeting, Same Ole Same Ole.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

‘It’s Not Spiderman!’ Fox Host Spars With Judge Napolitano Over FBI’s Limits In Going After Terrorists

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,360
Points 43,785
z1235 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 7:17 PM

Keynes For Kids!

crying

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

z1235:

Wow.

Luckily the site is way too busy, with a bunch of small, hard to follow text.  I doubt it will really be used much.  Music videos on the other hand...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Jeff Bliss, a High School student gives a lesson to his teacher at Duncanville

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:28 AM

JJ- funny, I just watched that on Facebook!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 275
Points 4,000

A real economy car. First one made in... A couple decades? Maybe, it ain't out yet.

https://www.eliomotors.com/

Page 1 of 1 (39 items) | RSS