Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Hello everyone. :D What is the biggest anarcho-capitalist/voluntaryist site online?

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
Treverend Posted: Tue, May 7 2013 5:15 PM

I'd like to join the one with the biggest community. I heard a lot about Mises.org so I thought I'd go here first.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

http://toplibertarian.com/websites/compete_ranking/

I'd say Mises.org has the largest anarchist/voluntaryist community. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Tue, May 7 2013 5:57 PM

I think its silk road.

Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

Mises.org is good. So is LibertyHQ: http://libertyhq.freeforums.org/

LibertyHQ is also more responsive ;) (SELF PLUG!)

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Points 1,150

@Wheylous

"Most users ever online was 38 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 pm"

devil

Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

Whoa, over an hour and a half before you jumped in to peddle your shit. Slipping are we?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Tue, May 7 2013 7:29 PM

Srsly bro? This again?

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

Is silk road still running? I always meant to play it one day. The concept of being a merchant or thief sounded fun. 

I'm amazed there isn't a Misean corporation on EVE or other market-oriented games. 

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

What's your problem, PrimeTime? The fact that "self plug" in capital letters only came at the end?

Sorry, I thought forum links were topical when we're in a thread on libertarian forums.

My bad. If you would just give me your phone number I'd call you before I post anything, lest it offend you.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

proxy - is that the best metric? ;)

Not Ranked
Posts 77
Points 1,150

We can improve the metric by creating a dating and relationships section for teenagers.  XD

Ohh god, the horror...

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

You might be an asset to have on my marketing team.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110

See my sig for a forum. This is a humble altruistic plug.

Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

Wheylous:
What's your problem, PrimeTime? The fact that "self plug" in capital letters only came at the end?

You think pimping your crap in virtually every single post you make here is automatically made okay if you just label it as such?  As in, you just spam your link everywhere and as long as you tack on "shameless plug!! lol" that makes it any less annoying or spammy?

Wheylous:
Sorry, I thought forum links were topical when we're in a thread on libertarian forums.

that would be the case, if you weren't bending over backwards to find some way to shove your link into every single post you make these days.  Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if you created that account just to start this thread so you could have an excuse to make a new link post.  It's been little a while since your dumbass alleged "april fools" bulgoki, and your other thread you created simply to call more attention to that thread didn't last very long either.

So yeah, links to other sites are appropriate in a thread asking for links to other sites...which is why I made the joke about it taking you an hour and a half to finally post yours, since it seems that's the only reason you even come here any more.

But in actuality that really isn't that long. And based on your MO, i honestly wouldn't put dummy accounts past you.

so really bro, just get it over with and put the stupid link in your sig and gtfo.  I know I can't be the only one who's tired of seeing your constant "well the LibertyHQ forum is really up and coming.  Check it out!  Shameless plug!! lolz!"

seriously dude. almost every goddamn post. If your bullshit 32 max visitor forum is so great, go there and stay there.  Leave the rest of us in peace.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Wed, May 8 2013 1:08 PM

You're a bad man Wheylous. Your plugs are bad. You should feel bad.

Like a sir? Psssh

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110

ECONOMICS QUESTION: What is PrimeTime's opportunity cost for his anti-Wheylous posts?

Show your work and you get brownies points. Krugman points for anyone who can explain in terms of cardinal utility.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

gotlucky - I'll set up the framework for the analysis.

Take all of PrimeTime's posts. Analyze them for word count and language complexity. Obtain a data set about the pay scales of various people, conditioned on forum post length and language complexity. Perform a regression, and plug in his values.

Now, one possible cost of his posting is the amount of money he could have earned on a perfectly competitive market at that pay scale.

What is his second best alternative to posting about me? I don't know his utility scale. But if we make a neoclassical assumption that all of our utility scales are equal, then what would I have done, had I not spent time going after myself? Probably anything :P

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

I know I can't be the only one who's tired of seeing your constant "well the LibertyHQ forum is really up and coming.  Check it out!  Shameless plug!! lolz!"

Head count, then? We can start a new thread and do a poll. If more people with over 20 posts are tired of me posting about it than not within a given time frame, I will not ever post a link to the LHQ forums publicly on the Mises forums.

Take a Bryan Caplan bet with me, PrimeTime ;)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Wed, May 8 2013 3:17 PM

Michelangelo:

http://toplibertarian.com/websites/compete_ranking/

I'd say Mises.org has the largest anarchist/voluntaryist community. 

Is there something like this, but for forums?

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 260
Points 4,015

Seriously, it's just Primetime.  Makin' friends in a hurry, he is.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 117
Points 1,935
h.k. replied on Wed, May 8 2013 3:50 PM

Wheylous:

I know I can't be the only one who's tired of seeing your constant "well the LibertyHQ forum is really up and coming.  Check it out!  Shameless plug!! lolz!"

Head count, then? We can start a new thread and do a poll. If more people with over 20 posts are tired of me posting about it than not within a given time frame, I will not ever post a link to the LHQ forums publicly on the Mises forums.

Take a Bryan Caplan bet with me, PrimeTime ;)

I honestly don't see the big deal, it is a minor issue whether you promote something or not.

Why anyone would take that much time to complain is also confusing.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 260
Points 4,015

It's awfully weird to be a relative newcomer in a longstanding community, and to take a potshot (or a few) at an established member over a question of etiquette.  What is, or is not, acceptable on this forum is definitely not up to Primetime, and at this point I'd think it was funny if some "Sponsored by LibertyHQ" banners showed up at the top of every page here.

Page 1 of 1 (22 items) | RSS