Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Closing Web Marketing Group

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student Posted: Thu, Oct 2 2008 5:05 PM

I've started a new Mises group, called "Web Marketing".

http://mises.org/Community/groups/web_marketing/default.aspx

I have some internet skills, and thought that the Mises Forum / Austrian school crowd might benefit from some techniques which I know worked well during the Ron Paul campaign, and in the online marketing and web mastering world in general.

Open to everyone who wants to maximize their impact, and the impact of the Austrian school's message on the web regardless of the size of their web presence (even no web presence is ok).

The group is private, to keep details from being indexed by the major search engines, and due to this, membership is moderated, but I can't see not approving anyone unless maybe they join before they have made a few posts.

So please apply and if nothing else, learn a few small tips and tricks to help spread the message of liberty in less than 10 seconds per day.

I'll start posting some tutorials and ideas next week.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Points 3,275
Arvin replied on Thu, Oct 2 2008 5:56 PM

Access Denied

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

corpus delicti:

I couldn't get acces following the link either. The way to apply for membership is to access 'Groups' on the top of this page. Then click 'Hubs'. Now you get the list of all groups and you can click to apply to the web marketing group.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 852
Points 19,800

I am curious, sign me up, or let us know when access is allowed via the link.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

corpus delicti:

I couldn't get acces following the link either. The way to apply for membership is to access 'Groups' on the top of this page. Then click 'Hubs'. Now you get the list of all groups and you can click to apply to the web marketing group.

Not Ranked
Posts 91
Points 1,375

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Thanks CD.  Further proof that Community Server is very rough around the edges.

From now on, I will take requests in thread for membership if you can't find the way to apply.

To all who have joined, there is an intro thread, please respond to it.  It will help me know where to focus first  based upon the members web activities, and thus keep the group relevant.

@Arvin and VS.  Invites on the way.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Bump.

Here is a better link

http://mises.org/Community/groups/default.aspx?GroupID=11

From here, you should be able to join!

Still looking for more members, and definitely looking for some feedback on what sort of use you already make of the internet.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 783
Points 14,645

liberty student:

Bump.

Still looking for more members, and definitely looking for some feedback on what sort of use you already make of the internet.

I would like to join. I tried clinking on the link but it said "access denied".

I am an eklektarchist not an anarchist.

Educational Pamphlet Mises Group

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Added you.  And added a better link apparently for accessing the group for membership

http://mises.org/Community/groups/default.aspx?GroupID=11

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Folks, if you have joined the group, please respond to the intro thread.  If you do not respond within one month of joining, I will remove you.  The purpose of the group is to work on web marketing, not to lurk.  :)

I'm still looking for more people to join the group.  People interested in spreading liberty and free market ideas on the web effectively, regardless of prior knowledge or resources.  Come one, come all.  But please participate.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

As a matter of housekeeping, I will be closing the web marketing group.  It's been on my list of things to do for several weeks now.  The group will be closed and all members and content removed at the end of October.

The group never really generated much discussion or activity, and the group format on Community Server is not very good for forming social networks.

I will be attempting to blog more often about SEO and marketing on NoT, and may even start a running thread here in the much more active community forums.

If you have any questions, please post them to this thread.  Once I close the web marketing group, I will also close this thread.

Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,532
Points 84,495
Stranger replied on Sun, Sep 27 2009 10:58 PM

If I can just give some undesired web design advice, the Mises Community is structured so that we can't really tell what's going on in anything except the precise section we are using. I have no idea what is going on in the groups or the blogs because I never really go there, and there's no block anywhere on the forum feeding me updates.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Yeah, that is a problem with Community Server.  It is a jack of all trades, master of none.

All of the groups seem under-utilized.  Wiki too.

Considering how little interest there was, I think a single forum thread might do the trick.  My only concern is, I didn't want people posting about their sites in public, because it's hard to compete if your competitor knows exactly what you are doing.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Sun, Sep 27 2009 11:25 PM

Ah didn't know about this group. Guess I was more at RPF than here in the campaign. Would have added to the convo though.

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Mon, Sep 28 2009 12:25 AM

Can I sign up for this group?

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

No, I am closing the group.

If you want to talk web marketing, send me a PM.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Mon, Sep 28 2009 12:35 AM

Daniel:

Can I sign up for this group?

Yeah, this would be good.

liberty student:

No, I am closing the group.

Sad

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Conza88:

Sad

Sorry mate.  I need to tie up some loose ends.  You know I'm always there if you need a hand with something.  Same thing goes for you Danny.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS