Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Hire me to transcribe Mises.org audio.

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 86
Points 1,395
ayrnieu Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2009 2:48 AM

I've some prior work here and here. I can be more or less link-happy and audience-descriptive, and I can easily provide transcripts in various formats -- but a condition of Mises.org transcripts is that they be also published at least on my blog for our benefit. I'm very cheap: $15 per mp3 hour. The main competition for my employment right now is 'Wal-mart cart pusher' and 'Fedex package handler', see. So if you've some audio that you'd like to quote at statists, tell me on this site or email me at ayrnieu@gmail.com . Paypal upon satisfaction with the transcripts seems reasonable.

And if this is an inappropriate request for the forums, you can tell me that as well :-(

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 5:38 AM

Do you have any competition that is non human? I.e Technology that can create a transcript out of audio?

Stick out tongue

Because there is technology that can do it the other way around... text into audio. Smile

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 34
Points 660
Steve replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 6:45 AM

I would also like to offer my services to Mises. I do dramatic readings for a living. I will provide a sample of my services by reading the original post. Please note that since this is a free sample you only get an initial sight read and the fan in my room stays on, which means you can hear it in the background. These two issues are taken care of when you pay for my services. I charge $100 dollars per hour and can read in any language. Here is an mp3 sample:

www.tindeck.com/audio/fileshack/x/xdaf-mises.mp3

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 248
Points 4,355
Eric replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 7:09 AM

Steve:

I would also like to offer my services to Mises. I do dramatic readings for a living. I will provide a sample of my services by reading the original post. Please note that since this is a free sample you only get an initial sight read and the fan in my room stays on, which means you can hear it in the background. These two issues are taken care of when you pay for my services. I charge $100 dollars per hour and can read in any language. Here is an mp3 sample:

www.tindeck.com/audio/fileshack/x/xdaf-mises.mp3

lol that is pretty dramatic.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 34
Points 660
Steve replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 7:35 AM

I was only operating at 15% drama when I read that. Once I am paid for my services, I operate at 100% drama.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 341
Points 6,375
sirmonty replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 7:57 AM

I had flashbacks of the out of control spiraling hell that took place in Requiem for a Dream while listening to that dramatic reading....

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 34
Points 660
Steve replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 6:11 PM

The fate of your life could be similar, if you do not purchase my services. Oh yeah. I forgot to mention one thing. I will also use a pop filter, once I am paid.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS