Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Texas state government implements $5 tax on all patrons of Strip Clubs

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 135
Imsnappytom Posted: Thu, Dec 6 2007 10:33 AM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5356348.html 

I saw this article and it made my blood boil.  The tax is, "...expected to raise about $40 million to be dispersed for sexual assault prevention programs and health care for the uninsured."

The fact that the government can swoop in and say, "Oh, by the way, we are charging everyone who visits your business $5.00, deal with it!"  I know this is just another drop in the bucket but it's still offensive, nevertheless.

New York - Paris - London - Tijuana
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Thu, Dec 6 2007 1:31 PM

Yet another fine example of "sin tax". It's a win-win situation: can you imagine the "Enraged Strip Club Patrons and Owners" parading through Austin?

It's funny to notice how all the money levied through new taxes will always go towards helping the elderly, the children, the sick and the needy. Even when it's levied from the elderly, the children, the sick and the needy.

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 119
Points 2,075

THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Actually they have been raising hell about it for a while. Also, since the no smoking laws went into effect the clubs have had to or are going to have to provide huge fenced in areas outside for any dancers that smoke to be able to go out and grab a quick smoke. They are trying to destroy the national past-time.

The Anarchists are simply unterrified Jeffersonian Democrats. They believe that 'the best government is that which governs least,' and that which governs least is no government at all.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS