Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

The Golden Constant

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
npmcw Posted: Thu, Dec 6 2007 10:19 PM
There must be people on here that are aware of Roy Jastram's fascinating work "The Golden Constant". Its a book sized piece on the gold/commodity ratio from 1580 until 1976. Its a great read if you know about Mises' theory on the interest rate and the Gibson's paradox observation (that empirically supports the Misesian idea). I have updated this work to the modern day and its a very interesting data set. Too much to describe in this brief post. Why my post. Well I am an academic but not an economist. I want to share my work with someone who perhaps work with my observations and putative explanations and make a paper or thesis out of it. Its possible that the observations might contain a quantitative estimate of the cost to society of being on a fiat standard and hance having no limit on state interference. So if you you are looking for publishing ideas in economics and interested in this area drop me a line and I can share some data. Gasman
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
sharefin replied on Sat, Jan 12 2008 10:02 AM

Hi Gasman

I am keen to look at Jastram's work & datasets and though I am not an economist I am a keen data historian & chartist.

I would be happy to work with you to publish this work.

You can email me on nick@sharelynx.com

Regarsd Nick 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
eir3008 replied on Mon, Feb 11 2008 4:21 PM

I'm very curious about your dataset, although I am not an academic.  I'm also curious if you could recommend a place to find Jastram's book. 

Thanks, Craig, cjmcbeth@yahoo.com

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS