Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Dr. Morgan Reynolds; nutcase or brilliant?

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 52 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
412 Posts
Points 8,630
fezwhatley posted on Sun, Apr 5 2009 2:03 AM | Locked

He is a very austrian oreinted economist, whos also interested in pre-Austrian french theory. Mises.org script interview Here

From 2001-2002 he was the chief economist in the Department of Labor. Said he got the job through an old contact

Reynolds also wrote a book that destroyed the case for labor unions. But.....He's one of these batcrazy 911 truthers.  His Troofer Website here  *shakes head.  where did it all go wrong?

do we get free cheezeburger in socielism?

• | Post Points: 125

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Male
238 Posts
Points 3,960
Cork replied on Sun, Apr 5 2009 2:19 AM | Locked

Troofer crackpot.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Sun, Apr 5 2009 3:09 AM | Locked

fezwhatley:
His Troofer Website here  *shakes head.  where did it all go wrong?

You mean besides the time when you superficially judged him because he is into 9/11 Truth?

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
412 Posts
Points 8,630
fezwhatley replied on Sun, Apr 5 2009 9:11 PM | Locked

Are you sympathetic with 911 truthers?  Or you believe that even if someone is rabidly for conspiracy theories, they still can have a lot of credibility.  I tend to agree with the latter, but these truthers associated with Mises...that shits embarrasing.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Male
238 Posts
Points 3,960
Cork replied on Sun, Apr 5 2009 9:58 PM | Locked

Here's Reynolds on Fox News:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reQZT9Hzvt8

His theories are pretty over-the-top, even for the 9/11 truth crowd.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
Answered (Not Verified) liberty student replied on Sun, Apr 5 2009 10:13 PM | Locked
Suggested by Conza88

fezwhatley:
Are you sympathetic with 911 truthers?

Sure I am.  The Lusitania has been exposed as a false flag.  The Bay of Tonkin was a false flag, and Operation Northwoods were similar plans to 9/11 for another false flag.  Why would anyone in their right mind believe the US government?   And why would anyone believe a commission that the statist insiders who chaired it, now says was totally subverted?

I don't know what happened on 9/11.  But I don't buy the (publicly) Austrian viewpoint that the government is just incompetent and not evil.  The claim that Bush could not have pulled of 9/11 because he is too incompetent, is destroyed by the fact he was able to fabricate a war against Iraq with false evidence and manufactured consent.

No, I don't think it helps Austrians to run around screaming 9/11 was an inside job, or acting like a bunch of Alex Jones idiot e-fanatics.  But at the same time, the whole thing stinks, from the way testimonies were falsified, no one was fired, and the engineering reports after years of study, still cannot justify the collapse of the 3rd building.  Not to mention the immediate removal of all forensic evidence for what should have been something thoroughly investigated.

fezwhatley:
Or you believe that even if someone is rabidly for conspiracy theories, they still can have a lot of credibility.

What is credibility?  Obama has credibility.  We do not.  He gets up there and blatantly lies to millions of people, and he's got credibility.

As far as conspiracy theories, do you mean the conspiracy theory that Cheney lied to the 9/11 Commission?  Or that hundreds of engineers, pilots, physicists and politicians internationally question the official 9/11 story?  Do you mean the conspiracy theory for a global currency?  Or a new world economic and political order?

What about the conspiracy theory that global warming is a myth?

Maybe you are talking about the bank conspiracy, to have a central non-governmental cartel assume control of the nation's currency?

Maybe you mean the Tuskeegee conspiracy where black men were infected with syphilis.  Or where the CIA experimented on Canadians in a Montreal hospital.  Is MK Ultra a conspiracy?  What about Operation Mockingbird?  Were the results of the Church committee hearings just a figment of our imaginations?  Did Barry Goldwater rail against the Trilateral Commission?  Did Reagan promise during the presidential primaries to investigate the Trilateral Commission if elected?  Was Eisenhower crazy when he warned about the military industrial complex?  Are these just figments of some conspiratorial fiction?

I guess next we're supposed to believe that the US government isn't monitoring all communications illegally and they do not kidnap people and send them to Syria to be tortured without due process...

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 75
Top 150 Contributor
Male
516 Posts
Points 7,190
bbnet replied on Sun, Apr 5 2009 10:29 PM | Locked

fezwhatley:

...where did it all go wrong?

Humans are masters of denial and self deception. Television people tend to believe whatever they see and hear, especially when repeated over and over.

On 9/11, I heard the events unfold 'live' on the radio and later saw the planes hit the buildings on TV, so that's the truth for me.

We are the soldiers for righteousness
And we are not sent here by the politicians you drink with - L. Dube, rip

Top 200 Contributor
412 Posts
Points 8,630
fezwhatley replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 12:15 AM | Locked

liberty student:

fezwhatley:

Sure I am.

Okay, so it seems you have a lot of sympathy for the LIHOP crowd. But this Morgan Reynolds guy thinks not only was it MIHOP, but the planes never actually hit the towers rofl.  He's with the people who believe in like directed energy Star Wars weapons, and CGI.  I think the factions and infighting in the troofer community is interesting, sorta reminds us of another incident per waring beliefs.

liberty student:
But at the same time, the whole thing stinks, from the way testimonies were falsified, no one was fired, and the engineering reports after years of study, still cannot justify the collapse of the 3rd building.

I think a lot of this has all to do with incompetence and politics. And you should know better than to think that because the government hasn't adequetly explained B7, therefore the entire event 'stinks'. 

Remember we all thought the White House had 24/7 missle batteries defending it?  The hijakers could have easily hit Congress!, and they hit the Pentagon.  Really exposes the mythology surrounding the state, and its incompetence.

Morgan Reynolds is in a real uphill battle, ASFAIK, he is the only free market libertarian who is 100% troofer. the 911 truth movement is dominated by 'patriots' and LaRouchebags

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,221 Posts
Points 34,050
Nitroadict replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 12:47 AM | Locked

liberty student:

fezwhatley:

Sure I am.  The Lusitania has been exposed as a false flag.  The Bay of Tonkin was a false flag, and Operation Northwoods were similar plans to 9/11 for another false flag.  Why would anyone in their right mind believe the US government?   And why would anyone believe a commission that the statist insiders who chaired it, now says was totally subverted?

I don't know what happened on 9/11.  But I don't buy the (publicly) Austrian viewpoint that the government is just incompetent and not evil.  The claim that Bush could not have pulled of 9/11 because he is too incompetent, is destroyed by the fact he was able to fabricate a war against Iraq with false evidence and manufactured consent.

No, I don't think it helps Austrians to run around screaming 9/11 was an inside job, or acting like a bunch of Alex Jones idiot e-fanatics.  But at the same time, the whole thing stinks, from the way testimonies were falsified, no one was fired, and the engineering reports after years of study, still cannot justify the collapse of the 3rd building.  Not to mention the immediate removal of all forensic evidence for what should have been something thoroughly investigated.

fezwhatley:
Or you believe that even if someone is rabidly for conspiracy theories, they still can have a lot of credibility.

What is credibility?  Obama has credibility.  We do not.  He gets up there and blatantly lies to millions of people, and he's got credibility.

As far as conspiracy theories, do you mean the conspiracy theory that Cheney lied to the 9/11 Commission?  Or that hundreds of engineers, pilots, physicists and politicians internationally question the official 9/11 story?  Do you mean the conspiracy theory for a global currency?  Or a new world economic and political order?

What about the conspiracy theory that global warming is a myth?

Maybe you are talking about the bank conspiracy, to have a central non-governmental cartel assume control of the nation's currency?

Maybe you mean the Tuskeegee conspiracy where black men were infected with syphilis.  Or where the CIA experimented on Canadians in a Montreal hospital.  Is MK Ultra a conspiracy?  What about Operation Mockingbird?  Were the results of the Church committee hearings just a figment of our imaginations?  Did Barry Goldwater rail against the Trilateral Commission?  Did Reagan promise during the presidential primaries to investigate the Trilateral Commission if elected?  Was Eisenhower crazy when he warned about the military industrial complex?  Are these just figments of some conspiratorial fiction?

I guess next we're supposed to believe that the US government isn't monitoring all communications illegally and they do not kidnap people and send them to Syria to be tortured without due process...

This+ Infinity & Beyond.  Any denier or naive citizen can Google half of this & come up with legitmate documentation & sources.  I've argud with individuals would can accept that false flags were done by their US government in the past, but absolutley reject the idea it could happen "here & now".    

I honestly blame the way they teach history in public schools (at least in college, as I did, you might get the legit professor who purposley takes a position in a community college & doesn't bullshit you about the french revolution being a legendary victory for democracy, as he had to lie in past classes limited to the use of powerpoint & videos).  

They teach it as if history magically stopped before we were born & we are no longer participants.  The manipuation & deciet of this  is beyond frustrating, even more so when everyone seems content in becoming historians of next to useless (in the long term) pop culture & entertainment, but regards history as irrelevant.  It's time-preference manipulation on a grand scale, and those who object or don't "get it", well, we might as well be living in different dimensions.

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 100 Contributor
Male
814 Posts
Points 14,875
Physiocrat replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 4:29 AM | Locked

Does anyone know of a book which charts the history of government conspiracies? I'd really like a working knowledge of all the widely accepted historical conspiracies to show people look, it happened there, there and there; howabout here and now? 

The atoms tell the atoms so, for I never was or will but atoms forevermore be.

Yours sincerely,

Physiocrat

Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 1:34 PM | Locked

fezwhatley:
Okay, so it seems you have a lot of sympathy for the LIHOP crowd.

I have a lot of sympathy for truth.  Documented, acknowledged historical truth.

fezwhatley:
But this Morgan Reynolds guy thinks not only was it MIHOP, but the planes never actually hit the towers rofl.  He's with the people who believe in like directed energy Star Wars weapons, and CGI.  I think the factions and infighting in the troofer community is interesting, sorta reminds us of another incident per waring beliefs.

I didn't look into his positions.  But I do know they reported a building falling a half hour before it did, and I know that Barry Jennings was actually in Building 7 and his testimony refutes the official story and subsequent scientific analysis which BTW took 7 years to finally publish a cockamamie theory.

The problem with malfeasance is, when you know it, when you see it, you have a jaundiced eye towards all other information or statements from the same source.

fezwhatley:
I think a lot of this has all to do with incompetence and politics. And you should know better than to think that because the government hasn't adequetly explained B7, therefore the entire event 'stinks'.

How much do you actually know about 9/11 conspiracy theory?  It doesn't sound like much.  Do you know that members of the EU parliament watched a presentation on it?  Do you know that it has been debated on the floor of the Japanese parliament?  Do you know that at least one Italian and one German high level politician has come out and claimed it was an inside job?

fezwhatley:
Morgan Reynolds is in a real uphill battle, ASFAIK, he is the only free market libertarian who is 100% troofer.

Who cares?  Your focus seems to be that he believes something you do not, or rather he questions something it appears to me you have never questioned.

Your post is pretty lame.  There are 1000s of political, military and financial criminals running around in public, and the focus is on some crackpot I think most of us have never heard of before.  Today, America will slaughter a dozen or more civilians, torture and rape women and children, destroy millions of dollars in property, and you're worried about this guy having laser beam theories that might make you look bad when you try to speak with "credibility".

It's this superficiality that will keep us from achieving any meaningful victories.

It's why people abandoned Ron Paul for his newsletters.  Forget his message, we're trained to run from controversy.  Extreme questioning must be crazy, it must be conspiracy theory.  Until we can overcome this programming, we're rats in someone else's maze.

Top 500 Contributor
283 Posts
Points 5,355
Answered (Not Verified) ProudCapitalist replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 6:47 PM | Locked
Suggested by solos

I believe in a 911 conspiracy:

Namely that the whole 911 truther thing is a conspiracy created by the government in order to derail all relevant issues and to discredit all reasonable criticism of gov' policies!

What building collapsed when, and how, is totally and utterly inconsequencial and uninteresting. The planes might as well have missed the builings and landed in the water. It would've changed nothing at all for the policies which followed. All these nutcases banging their stupid small heads against the hard facts of engineering in the ridiculous "what brick fell where when and why" issue, are so completely irrelevant, that I dear propose that they might in fact not be so extremely stoopid as they try to make themselves look like, but that instead they are government agents who out to discredit whatever.  Even Ron Paul had to answer silly questions about some (gov agent disguising himself as a stoopid) 911 truther on his tail when he tried to run for the republican candidacy.

In Europe most people consider Americans on average to be less educated. One reason is the apparent total lack of knowledge among most Americans about the world (and history) outside of the US. The other reason is the total stupidity of the 911 truthers and their wacko brick wall "theories". The 911 truthers industry is a great business for fraudsters to sell books of lies to gullible people.

It is frightening that 911 truthers are using mises.org as a platform for their idiocy. What next? Astrology? Curing cancer by standing under a triangle? Elvis is alive???

It's not fascism when the government does it.

“We must spend now as an investment for the future.” - President Obama

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 6:56 PM | Locked

ProudCapitalist:
In Europe most people consider Americans on average to be less educated. One reason is the apparent total lack of knowledge among most Americans about the world (and history) outside of the US. The other reason is the total stupidity of the 911 truthers and their wacko brick wall "theories".

People in Europe, including the EU parliament are a lot more prepared to talk about 9/11 as an inside job or a cover up than Americans.

ProudCapitalist:
It is frightening that 911 truthers are using mises.org as a platform for their idiocy.

Who are you talking about?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
516 Posts
Points 7,190
bbnet replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 7:27 PM | Locked

ProudCapitalist:

... Elvis is alive???

perhaps?

We are the soldiers for righteousness
And we are not sent here by the politicians you drink with - L. Dube, rip

Top 100 Contributor
Male
867 Posts
Points 17,790
Sphairon replied on Mon, Apr 6 2009 7:30 PM | Locked

Good points, LS. I wrote my grammar school graduation paper on false flag terrorism. It's really no kooky fruitcake internet stuff anymore, folks. Especially the Cold War era operations are well-documented and must largely be considered hard facts by now.

In my paper, I focused on Operation Northwoods, Operation Gladio and Operation Ajax. Some sources if you want to check this out:

Ram Puniyani, Religion, Power and Violence: Expression of Politics in Contemporary Times, New Delhi 2005 especially pp 70-75

Daniele Ganser, Nato's Secret Armies: Operation Gladio and Terrorism in Western Europe, London 2005

James Bamford, Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency from the Cold War through the Dawn of a New Century, New York 2002

Even the New York Times wrote about Operation Northwoods in 1997.

Lastly, see what Mr. Rothbard had to say about the Conspiracy Theory of History and the kooky Wall Street shadow government.

Government is only incompetent because it lacks the right incentive structures. In executing conspiracies, incentives for everyone involved are very high and so are the rewards. Just because the state is inept at building your roads doesn't mean it is just as inept at deliberately screwing your future.

Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS