Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Dr. Morgan Reynolds; nutcase or brilliant?

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 52 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
412 Posts
Points 8,630
fezwhatley posted on Sun, Apr 5 2009 2:03 AM | Locked

He is a very austrian oreinted economist, whos also interested in pre-Austrian french theory. Mises.org script interview Here

From 2001-2002 he was the chief economist in the Department of Labor. Said he got the job through an old contact

Reynolds also wrote a book that destroyed the case for labor unions. But.....He's one of these batcrazy 911 truthers.  His Troofer Website here  *shakes head.  where did it all go wrong?

do we get free cheezeburger in socielism?

• | Post Points: 125

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
11,343 Posts
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Wed, Apr 8 2009 6:19 PM | Locked

Nitroadict:
On a more serious note, I think the basic assumption that all of this (what could attributed to the NWO) is due to incompetence & negligence fundamentally betrays the argument against The State in the first place, since it gives a soft-pass @ the argument of different people in different positions pulling just the right levers this time, as opposed to there being no levers of power, or means of putting people in power, whatsoever.  

I understand why our libertarian leaders play this angle, but you are correct, in return for avoiding short term criticism, they risk diminishing the message.

I love when people tell me the government is too incompetent to do 9/11 when they were competent enough to fool the world into backing an attack on Iraq.

Not to mention Korea, Vietnam and so on.

Only a fool underestimates the capacity for his own government to commit unspeakable evil.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,538 Posts
Points 93,790
Juan replied on Wed, Apr 8 2009 8:05 PM | Locked
ProudCapitalist, did you find any data to backup your theory about the frequency of plane hijackings and how they are never intercepted, etc ? Or maybe your 'theory' was something just made up ?

February 17 - 1600 - Giordano Bruno is burnt alive by the catholic church.
Aquinas : "much more reason is there for heretics, as soon as they are convicted of heresy, to be not only excommunicated but even put to death."

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Male
690 Posts
Points 11,315
onebornfree replied on Thu, Apr 9 2009 10:10 AM | Locked

"He is a very austrian oreinted economist, whos also interested in pre-Austrian french theory. Mises.org script interview Here

From 2001-2002 he was the chief economist in the Department of Labor. Said he got the job through an old contact

Reynolds also wrote a book that destroyed the case for labor unions. But.....He's one of these batcrazy 911 truthers.  His Troofer Website here  *shakes head.  where did it all go wrong?"

So you see Mr Reynolds and others like him as a threat to your agenda, yes?

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,255 Posts
Points 36,010
William replied on Thu, Apr 9 2009 12:56 PM | Locked

Isaac Newton was also an alchemist among other things, does that mean his work on gravity and calculus makes him not worth the attention?  I could go on with various examples but I won't.

"I am not an ego along with other egos, but the sole ego: I am unique. Hence my wants too are unique, and my deeds; in short, everything about me is unique" Max Stirner
Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,255 Posts
Points 36,010
William replied on Thu, Apr 9 2009 3:03 PM | Locked

I really think focus must be brought to individual arguments rather than the peson making them.  You can't get sucked up in judging a person as a whole.  Because it is trendy to put 9/11 truthers as so crazy and off the wall, it takes that much more courage to say some of this persons' ideas are useful.  The argument most people would make would be more directed at the persons' belief in 9/11 conspiricy theories than on hisl work with labor unions for example, leading to an invalid argument.

"I am not an ego along with other egos, but the sole ego: I am unique. Hence my wants too are unique, and my deeds; in short, everything about me is unique" Max Stirner
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
347 Posts
Points 4,365
newson replied on Sun, Apr 10 2011 5:52 AM | Locked

i'd like someone to explain why  steel is still combusting spontaneously (timber left unsinged) at the bankers trust building, why the wtc site is still fuming after so much time has elapsed, and why the subway has been rebuilt four times, and yet structural steel beams rust immediately. steel, not iron, and with the usual primer, and paint job.  the bt building had been renovated, but that work is now being dismantled.  it's a costly exercise to leave such prime real estate vacant without good cause.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7892004186194307613#

Top 500 Contributor
347 Posts
Points 4,365
newson replied on Sun, Apr 10 2011 6:00 AM | Locked

i find the lack of rubble perplexing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugeYb4h4aM&feature=player_embedded#at=77

Top 500 Contributor
347 Posts
Points 4,365
newson replied on Sun, Apr 10 2011 6:23 AM | Locked

why hazmat suits in 2007? wouldn't that be of interest to nyc residents/workers?

http://www.drjudywood.com/articles/JJ/JJ3.html

Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS