Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mises University 2009

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 210
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator
pbarnett Posted: Thu, Apr 9 2009 7:42 AM

This is the place for airport ride-sharing and other info exchange for students and faculty attending MU 09.

• | Post Points: 125
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 1
Points 5

hey, I'm fairly new to Austrian Economics and Libertarianism as a whole and just would like to connect with other like-minded individuals out there.  I will be attending MU 09 and would just like to get a feel for who else is going.  You can either reply to this post or email me directly if you'd like.  As for a little bit about myself: I'm 19 and currently a second year student at Albion College in Michigan majoring in Economics and Management.  The only economics taught here is Keynesian propoganda, so finding the Austrian Economics was a breath of fresh air.  Hope to hear from some of you soon.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 960
toban replied on Mon, May 25 2009 1:05 PM

Is anyone going to the Advanced Austrian seminar at FEE after Mises U? My brother and I are flying to New York, arriving at 4pm on Aug 2 at LaGuardia airport. Just wondering if anyone wants to share a ride from the airport to FEE. (On the way back, we'll have to be at LaGuardia by at least 2pm on Aug 8.)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 125
Points 1,740
ziragt replied on Mon, May 25 2009 3:01 PM

I'll be going to that seminar at FEE, but I'll be arriving on August 3rd at LaGuardia. Are you staying somewhere else for a day? Also, is anyone else here going?

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 960
toban replied on Mon, May 25 2009 4:07 PM

Hi ziragt, we've arranged to arrive at FEE a day early. In the FEE acceptance email they mention that if you need to come a day early, they can provide accomodations. So that's what we're doing. Where are you staying the night of the 2nd?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 125
Points 1,740
ziragt replied on Mon, May 25 2009 4:18 PM

Well, I was planning on taking a morning flight on the 3rd, so the ride sharing probably won't work out.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Mon, May 25 2009 6:56 PM

Can I make a prediction?

LvMI is going to need a bigger building... </ lol>

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 960
toban replied on Mon, May 25 2009 8:58 PM

If anyone else is going to FEE, here are the rates for the transportation that they suggest (for travel between LaGuardia and FEE):

• Westchester Express: $46 for first passenger, $20 per additional person, plus tip (20%)

• Dominick’s Limousine: $122 for a ride; includes everything (fare, tolls and tip); up to 4 people in the car.

• Knapp McCarthy Taxi Service: $71 + ~$12 (for tolls) + tip; up to 4 people.

Considering we'll be coming with fairly substantial luggage, we may not be able to fit 4 people in the cars for Dominick's or Knapp's. Westchester is a larger shuttle van so it would probably be most cost effective to book as a group (gets cheaper with each additional person).

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 960
toban replied on Thu, May 28 2009 8:47 AM

There's a facebook group up now: Mises U 2009

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 120

I'm going to drive to Mises U.  I live near Austin, TX.  If anyone is interested in riding with me, please let me know.

My e-mail is andy.behlen (at) gmail. 

--Andy

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Tom Woods said at the Seattle C4L event that the Institute was having to increase it's capacity.  Very exciting.  I will try to make it to ASC one day.  Hopefully it won't be so exclusive that I have to pay a scalper a premium!  Wink

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

I wish I could of went this year but before I read about this event the deadline already passed. I would very much like to present a paper at the March seminar coming up. Dr. Woods inspired me to write a paper both on either  American Unionism or both Roosevelt presidencies. I already have the title for the latter:

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
ales replied on Tue, Jun 9 2009 2:52 AM

I'm planning to visit New York either before or after Mises U for a couple of days... anyone care to join me?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 523
Points 8,850

I wish I could have attended this year, but my summer is filled up Tongue Tied

I'm hoping to apply for next year's event ... can't wait!

That'll give me a year to read up on all the classics in the field Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55

I think I will be flying in/out of Atlanta - anyone want to carpool?  I am at the facebook site, or jaketowne AT gmail will work

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

I am attending Mises U 09 from 7/26 - 8/4 and would like to share taxi cost to the dorm. Anyone interested?

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,113
Points 60,515
Esuric replied on Wed, Jul 8 2009 7:40 AM

What's the FEE? Is it in New York?

"If we wish to preserve a free society, it is essential that we recognize that the desirability of a particular object is not sufficient justification for the use of coercion."

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 10
Points 95
ZB replied on Wed, Jul 15 2009 3:29 AM

Is anyone looking to split a taxi ride or something like that back to the Atlanta airport on the morning/afternoon of Sunday August 2nd? I just did my bus scheduling yesterday: I was able to get a bus DOWN to Auburn on the 25th, but it said all the buses back to Atlanta on August 2nd were full.

Let me know! My email is bibe0024@umn.edu, my AIM screenname is avantzachxc787, and you can message me up on Facebook -- my name is Zach Bibeault.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS